TWENTY-SEVEN

trigger warning ⚠️: mention of suicide up ahead.
__

I woke up early so I could do for a jog to clear my head of last night.

He admitted to having feelings for me. Me not her but me. I should be jumping for joy right? But what about Hyungwon? How do I truly feel about him?

I like him, I do, but do I like him as much as Changkyun? How much do I even like Changkyun? Do I..-

FUCK!

I trip over a big ass rock and land on the side of my ankle. I try to stand up but end up falling down again from the pain. Well that's just great.

I pull out my phone and lord and behold, no signal.

I start my long and painful journey back to the cabin. This is karma, I sigh before shaking my head. This isn't the first time I've twisted my ankle but last time Wonho carried me from the park back home.

Once the cabin appears in sight I thank my lucky stars, I collapse to the ground and begin to crawl and drag myself. Hopping on one leg is tiring, and trying to walk on an injured limb is just horrible.

Once I drag myself in Shownu looks at me in horror.

Shownu: What the hell happened?
Me: I twisted my ankle.

He lifts me off of the ground and places me on the couch. He runs into the kitchen to get me an ice pack. I start to stack pillows on top of each other to keep the foot elevated.

Shownu: I remember last time you did this and Wonho carried you home. You thought you were an expert at basketball.

In my defense I didn't think I was an expert. It's just the boys at the court wouldn't let me play because I was a girl, so I tried to be Michael Jordan that day and failed.

I had to call Wonho who didn't live too far from the park to come get me.

It was embarrassing.

Mahogany: Oh my God are you okay?
Me: I tripped over a big rock.
Mahogany: Like a boulder?

I nod.

Kihyun: How the hell didn't you see it?
Me: I was distracted!

Kihyun grumbles under his breath as he begins to massage my ankle.

Kihyun: Can you go get some ibuprofen from the medicine cabinet upstairs?
Mahogany: Of course.

It's true Kihyun and I have been at each other's throats since the day we met however we do have that sibling love for one another.

A year and a half into the marriage my depression started to kick my ass again. My mom explained my condition to Hul and Kihyun but they didn't know how deep it was until I tried to overdose.

Kihyun was completely mortified, especially since he's the one who found me. For a week straight he didn't leave me alone. He stayed in my room, by my side getting me whatever I asked for.

He was a brother.

I remember his voice cracking as he said the words that will forever stay with me:

"I don't like seeing you in pain, ever."

Kihyun: Be more careful!
Me: Sorry.

His eyes soften.

Kihyun: Don't apologize.

He sighs.

Kihyun: You're so stupid.
Me: You're stupid!
Kihyun: I didn't trip over a boulder and sprain something, you did!
Me: It might not be sprained!
Kihyun: You're right. It's broken.
Me: Is not!
Kihyun: Is too!

"SHUT UP!"

We pout as Shownu glares at us from the kitchen.

___