TWENTY-TWO

I open my eyes and sigh, everything hurts. I glance around and I'm in my least favorite place, the hospital. A doctor walks in with a kind smile on her face.

I squint at her badge, Dr.Park-Kang.

Dr.Park-Kang: Oh good, you're awake. Do you remember anything?
Me: I was at school helping my friends and then I ate some muffin.

She nods.

Dr.Park-Kang: You had an allergic reaction, nothing too major but please be careful next time. Also take this medicine to help the pain in your throat.

She hands me a prescription and I thank her.

Dr.Park-Kang: You're free to go, your friends are in the waiting room.

I hate hospital gowns, my ass doesn't want to be exposed like this. I go into the waiting room and Mahogany practically trips over everything to hug me.

Me: I'm fine, I'm fine.
Mahogany: Are you sure? That shit was scary.

I chuckle before nodding.

Violet: I'm so sorry!
Me: It's not your fault, you didn't know I was allergic.

Hyungwon smiles at me making me blush a little.

Hyungwon: I'm happy you're okay.
Kihyun: Me too, explaining your death to our parents would've been nerve wrecking.
Me: Shut the hell up!

__

Mahogany and I laze around my room trying to gain back some of the Saturday we lost due to the baking and hospital.

Me: I just don't understand why you two aren't dating when you clearly like each other.
Mahogany: I could say the same for you and Hyungwon, or you and Changkyun.

My eyes widen.

Me: Changkyun and I don't like each other. We just like fucking each other, but we haven't in a while.
Mahogany: I call bullshit.
Me: Well take a shot because your wrong.

She giggles.

Mahogany: Am I? Do you honestly think he likes Violet?
Me: No, no one does.
Mahogany: That! That right there, that unwarranted bitchiness you have towards her. A few weeks ago you didn't even know she existed now you hate her.

I hate when she's right.

Me: Regardless I don't like Changkyun.
Mahogany: Then why aren't you making it official with Hyungwon? Hm?
Me: I don't do relationships, you know that.

She hums.

Mahogany: Perhaps, but I've caught you staring at him countless of times.
Me: Because his face is nice to sit on.
Mahogany: You're stubborn.
Me: Am not.

She tosses a pen at me.

My mom taps on my door before coming in. She smiles at Mahogany and I.

Mom: Hope I'm not interrupting anything.
Me: We were planning a murder but you kind of..-
Mom: Anyways, Hul said to ask you guys if you're interested in using the cabin this weekend.

I practically choke on my own spit.

Hul owns this cabin and land a few miles outside of the city. I've only been once but it's so beautiful, the cabin is huge and actually has wifi! How he managed to pull that off I have no idea.

Me: Really?

She nods.

Mom: He said you've been working hard this year at school so you deserve it but..

But? Why is there always a but?

Mom: Kihyun is going as well and inviting some of his friends too.

Oh fuck.

__