TWO

My bestfriend Mahogany laughs as I explain the shenanigans of this morning.

Me: He's a psychopath.
Mahogany: But he's really adorable.

I scrunch up my face and she chuckles. She's had a crush on him for the longest but never told him.

Me: I don't understand why you won't tell the little rodent that you like him.
Mahogany: I fear rejection.
Me: Rejection? You're too pretty for that.

She's one of the prettiest girls in this school. People practically drool over her and she's completely oblivious to it. Not only is her looks an A+ but her personality is just as good.

Mahogany: Pretty people get rejected too.
Me: So you agree? You think you're really pretty?
Mahogany: Shut up.

We both chuckle and I shake my head. My laugh comes to a hault as the nuisance himself comes strolling down the hallway.

Me: Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

She slaps my arm while continuing to laugh. He walks down the hallway with his friend Jooheon. Jooheon is much more tolerable than Kihyun.

Jooheon: Hi guys!
Me: Hey.
Mahogany: Hey.
Jooheon: I'm having a homecoming party this Friday, did Kihyun tell you already?
Me: Of course he didn't, he's a hater.
Kihyun: It must've slipped my mind.

I go to say something smart back but Mahogany elbows me in my side. I'll bite my tongue this time.

Jooheon: Friday, ten o'clock! Be there or be square and no one wants to be a square.

Corny, just corny.

__

This dress is itchy and I hate it. A sigh leaves my lips for the umpteenth time tonight. I tried to sneak some liquor without my mom seeing but all they have is a brand of champagne I hate.

I look across the room and see a certain someone sneaking out back. While my parents are distracted I follow the brown haired boy.

A smile spreads across my lips as I see Kihyun practically chugging a bottle of vodka.

Me: Well, well, well.

Kihyun looks over at me and sighs.

Kihyun: You scared the shit out of me.

I shrug.

Me: I got bored inside and followed you out here.
Kihyun: I needed a break, I'm tired of fake smiling.
Me: Ah man, that's the worse part.

He hands me the bottle and I take a swig without a second thought.

Kihyun: Let's get back inside.

I nod and he leads the way. Our parents spot us and smile excitedly.

Hul: Kihyunie guess what?
Kihyun: What?
Hul: Changkyun is moving back!

Kihyun smiles, and I'm left confused.

Me: Who's that?
Hul: Kihyun's bestfriend since diapers. He moved away years ago but his father is getting transferred back here for work. Turns out his father is part owner of the company I want to merge with.

I've known and lived with Kihyun for two years and I've never seen him this excited. This Changkyun must be one hell of a guy.

___

he is in fact one hell of a guy. look at him:

 look at him: