TWENTY-FIVE

Kihyun and I fight to the death once we get to the cabin. All the rooms in the cabin is beautiful but there's only one room that his it's own bathroom and I want it. I pull his hair and he pinches me. Mahogany sighs before stepping over us.

Violet: This place is so beautiful!

Oh? I forgot she was here.

I brush the dirt off my jeans once I stand up, it is a really pretty place.

Shownu: Why don't you guys flip a coin, or play rock paper scissors like normal siblings?

Kihyun and I look at each other before nodding. He throws out a rock and frowns once he sees what I threw out.

Kihyun: What is that?
Me: A gun, I win.

_

After we all settle into our rooms the boys go into the backyard to start up the grill while we start washing the vegetables.

Violet: I think it's awesome your dad gave the school money to fund our senior trip.

I hate unwarranted conversation.

Stop being a bitch for no reason.

It's not for no reason, I don't like her.

And why's that?

I groan at my own thoughts.

Mahogany: It's going to be so much fun!

That's true, our senior year. The last time most of us will be together before going out separate ways for college or whatever someone decides to do. It's bittersweet.

Violet: Can I have some advice?
Me: On?
Violet: Changkyun and I?

Mahogany pauses chopping her carrots to look at me.

Me: What's up?
Violet: Him and I have been getting pretty close lately but I don't know what we are. Like are we friends with benefits? Are we boyfriend and girlfriend? What?

She sounds like Hyungwon, he's also conflicted about us. And I can't give him answer.

Mahogany: Have you asked Changkyun?

She nods.

Violet: He said what's understood doesn't need to be explained.

Oh honey....

Mahogany: So he's bullshitting.

Yikes, talk about yanking off the bandage.

Mahogany: If he wanted to be with you he'd say it. He gave you a vague answer because he doesn't know who.. I mean, what he wants.

Violet nods.

Violet: What about you and Kihyun?
Mahogany: We're taking things slow. Like we're dating but not together.
Me: Yet.

She smiles shyly.

Mahogany: I can see myself being in a happy relationship with him.
Violet: So what's the hold up?

That's actually a good question.

Mahogany: I'm just waiting on him.

Mhm, sure.

__

We all eat and drink outside enjoying the warm night. Jooheon begins to talk about the bunyan on his foot resulting in Wonho smacking him with his corn on the cob.

Jooheon: It hurts.
Wonho: We don't care about your feet!
Jooheon: Bri cares, right?
Me: Of course.

Jooheon sticks out his tongue at Wonho.

Shownu hiccups, poor boy already chugged five cups of soju. Changkyun is right behind him after downing his third cup.

Kihyun: The air out here always feels so much thinner, it's easier to breathe.
Changkyun: Remember we came here when we were like six and you tried to drown me because I chewed the head off of your favorite action figure?

That sounds like such a Kihyun thing to do.

Kihyun: Yeah we had some wild moments, remember my tenth birthday party was here?
Changkyun: Yeah, you cried because your dad accidentally got you a chocolate cake instead of vanilla.
Kihyun: Shut up!

Kihyun blushes in embarrassment.

The night goes smoothly as we all talk about past shenanigans. I lie in bed staring up at the ceiling, I can't sleep and the loud ass crickets aren't helping.

The door opens and I sit up in the bed. Changkyun walks in closing the door behind him.

Um?

____