THIRTY-TWO

A knock on my door makes me pause my "studying." Kihyun walks in taking a seat on the edge of my bed, uh oh this can't be good. Whenever he comes in my room he stands in the doorway so he can nag about something I did.

This time he's silent.

Kihyun: It's no secret we don't get along most of the time but regardless you are my sister and I love you.

Ah nah, hell nah, what is this?

Kihyun: I've seen you silently fight your depression. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I try not to treat you any different either way because I know that's not what you want. There has been moments where I've seen you down and wanted to give you a hug.

He sighs.

Kihyun: Changkyun is my bestfriend, we've known each other since pampers. No matter how close I am with him, I'll always choose you.

I see.

Kihyun: You both deserve to be happy and if you make each other happy then so be it.

A small smile paint his face. He turns away to walk out and I run up behind him giving him a quick hug.

__

Changkyun's eyes widen.

Changkyun: He gave you the cute acceptance but threatened me!
Me: Brothers.

Changkyun and I have been lying in my bed allday watching movies. We were suppose to go out for dinner but neither of us have the strength to actually move since senior year is continuing to kick our ass.

What's more ironic is Kihyun and Mahogany is in his room doing the same thing.

We lay in silence majority of the time, falling asleep the rest of it. I enjoy his company even if we aren't doing anything, I never thought I'd actually be someone's girlfriend again. It's kind of nice.

Changkyun: So after graduation what's your plan?
Me: I'm not going straight to college if that's what you're asking.

Society has always beaten the idea of "straight to college after highschool" into kids head and it's sickening. School for years, then a job, then death.

When the fuck do I get to live?

Changkyun: Come with me.
Me: Where?
Changkyun: Anywhere.

I sit up looking at him like he's crazy. His face is calm, eyes are gentle, he's serious.

Changkyun: Not to be cliché but I've always wanted to travel, come with me. A few months after graduation we'll go anywhere you want.
Me: With what money?

He laughs.

Changkyun; My parents said after I graduate they'll give me all the money they've been saving for my tuition since I was three. They said what I choose to do with it is up to me.

He kisses my cheek.

Changkyun: I choose to explore with you.

__

you've ever been so fed up to the point where you're no longer angry? just waiting for everything to fall in place? ahaha yeah