One Last Picnic

"I can't believe we're done!" Sarah says as we exit the school for the last time. Our Senior year had flown by, and in just a few short days, we would be graduating. I was graduating at the top of my class along with Luke and Josie.

"Well, we're done until we go to college, but I'm taking a year off. This year killed me," Josie says

"I'm taking a year off because Zack and I are getting married in October, and then we're going on our honeymoon,"

"Zack's still going right?" Sarah asks

"Yeah, he is, I just decided to take this semester off since I'm doing most of the wedding planning,"

"You guys aren't engaged yet right?" Josie asks

"No, but it has to happen in the next few months. Ever since we got back together on Valentine's Day, we've had a stronger relationship than the first two years we dated, I think it took the fear of losing the other person to make us realize that we need each other,"

"Luke and I were the same way after our breakup, it made us stronger in the end,"

"I just can't believe it's been three years since I met Luke and Zack, and almost three years since Zack and I started dating,"

"Me either, we're about to have the best summer of our lives, our last camp experience as campers, you're getting engaged, I'm probably getting engaged since we want to get married next year, who knows what else is going to happen,"

"What time is the picnic tonight?" Josie asks

"6, I'm going to go home and take a nap until then, I don't know why, but recently I've been so tired," Sarah says

"Probably because we've been stressed about the end of school and graduation," I say

"I think you're right, hopefully, a nap will help me feel a little better,"

"I think I'm going to take a nap too, I'll come over around 5:30 and the boys will pick us up at your house,"

"Well, I'll see you guys tonight, I'm going to go pick up Asher and hang out with him," Josie says

"See you tonight,"

Sarah and I get into her car and she drives us home. it felt good not to have to worry about school anymore. She pulls into her driveway and I hug her goodbye

"Go in and take a nap okay? I'll see you in a few hours,"

I run across my front yard and into the house. Everyone was gone, so it was quiet. I went upstairs to my room and lay in bed, quickly falling asleep.

My alarm went off at 5 pm. I slowly sat up and turned it off. I got up and walked over to my closet, I picked out an outfit and got ready.

"Lila, Zack is here," Mom yells up the stairs

I quickly grab my phone and run downstairs, greeting him with a kiss as soon as I open the door. "You look beautiful, are you ready to go?"

I nod, "Is Sarah ready?"

"Luke's getting her, I know she was taking a nap,"

"I did too, it felt nice not to have to do anything when I got home from school,"

"I know, I have one more exam for college and I'm done with my Sophomore year of college,"

"This is a big year for us, We get married, start a church plant, there's so much happening,"

"November 29 can't get here fast enough, I'm so excited for our church,"

"I'm more excited for our wedding and our honeymoon,"