One Last Time

The boys and I had stayed at Sarah's house last night, our normal tradition the night before leaving for camp. A month had gone by since we graduated, and Sarah continued to deny that anything was going on.

I had just finished packing my last-minute items in my suitcase when Sarah came downstairs, to the basement.

"Hey Lila, can I talk to you for a minute?" she asks

"Sure, what's up?"

"I think you're right. It's been a month and I still haven't gotten a period, and I'm still always tired,"

"Have you taken a test?"

"Not yet, I'm going to take one to camp and find out there, but I wanted to know if you'd be there for me when I take it? I'm scared,"

"Of course, I'll be there,"

She hugs me tightly, "Thank you,"

"You're welcome, How are you going to tell Luke?"

"I'm not going to until I know that I'm pregnant, if I'm not, I won't mention it to him,"

"I'll be there for you no matter what,"

"Thanks, Lila,"

"You're welcome, I'm going to go to the bathroom before we leave, let Zack know my bag is ready,"

She turns around and runs upstairs. I walk back into the bathroom and finish getting ready

Zack's POV

This week would change my life forever. I would be asking Lila to marry me in two days. The next few days would be the longest two days of my life. I checked in my backpack one more time to make sure I had the ring.

"Hey Zack, Lila said her bag is ready if you want to bring it up," Sarah says. I jumped, not expecting them to be there when I turned around.

"Is that the ring?" Luke asks

I nod, and show it to them "I hope she likes it,"

"You're proposing?" Sarah asks

"Yes, in two days, what would have been our third anniversary, You better not say anything to her Sarah, I want her to be surprised. She knows it's coming at some point this summer, but not when,"

"I won't say anything, I promise,"

"You better not, I will hurt you if you ruin this surprise,"

"I'll be quiet, I promise,"

"Good, I'm going inside to get her bag, and we can head out,"

I walked downstairs to the basement. Lila was sitting on the couch, playing on her phone. "Hey babe, are you ready?" I ask

She looks up from her phone and nods, "I was waiting on you to come and get my bag, I can't carry it upstairs by myself,"

I pick it up with ease and carry it upstairs and put it into the car

Lila's POV

I got into the backseat of the car as he loaded my bag. Sarah and Luke were already in the car

"Are we ready for the best week ever?" Luke asks

"Yes! I can't wait to be at camp, and I promise this week, I won't get injured,"

Everyone laughs, "You better not, you've been injured the last two years in a row," Sarah says

"I know, I'm not going to participate in anything athletic this year, just to make sure,"