Light up the night

"Lila, It's almost time for the bonfire if you want to join us," Sarah says

"Not if Zack is going to be there,"

"Luke said he's staying in the cabin, he's been depressed since you asked him for a break,"

"He hasn't left his cabin in three days, he's eventually going to have to come out and eat something,"

"Luke has been making him eat at least something every day,"

"I'm still blaming myself,"

"You shouldn't, It's Zack's fault,"

"I guess Luke talked to him about it, and Zack swears he wasn't flirting with her,"

"The picture you took totally looks like he was flirting though,"

"Zack's side of the story is he was just being nice, but I have my doubts,"

"That's between you and him,"

"I don't know what to believe honestly,"

"I guess you'll have to talk to him when you're ready,"

"I haven't texted him in three days, I don't plan to either, not for a while at least,"

"You know what tomorrow is right?"

"No, What is tomorrow?"

"Your anniversary? don't tell me you forgot,"

"Oh right, I forgot about that, I guess I won't be celebrating this year,"

"You guys need to try and work it out, clearly you're miserable without the other," Josie says

"She's right,"

"I just don't want to face him right now,"

"You don't have tonight, but at least talk to him tomorrow for your anniversary, hear him out, even if you only sit outside and talk before we leave tomorrow,"

"I forgot we leave tomorrow, this has been a rough week,"

"That's why we need to enjoy tonight, it's the last night of camp before we go home to our lives,"

"I wonder if i text him if he'll respond?"

"There's only one way to find out,"

Zack's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to come? maybe you can make things right with her tonight," Luke asks

"She hates me, she wants nothing to do with me, I'm waiting for her to text me and break up with me,"

"She's miserable without you, she's just hurt by what she saw, and to be honest, it did look like you were flirting,"

"You know I wouldn't do anything like that, I love her,"

"Then prove that to her,"

"I can't even get her to talk to me,"

I looked down at my phone and noticed that I had an unread message

"She messaged you, didn't she,"

"Yeah she did,"

"What does it say?"

"It says, 'Hey Zack, I want to talk about everything, I'll be at the bonfire with everyone if you want to join us, if not, I'll talk to you tomorrow,' Should I go out and talk to her? Or should we talk tomorrow,"

"Dude she's asking you to talk about it tonight, so you better get up and go with me,"

"I guess you're right,"