Redemption

"Are you nervous?" Addy asked me as she helped me get ready for my date with Zack. It had been three weeks since Zack had asked for a break, and tonight he asked me on a date so we could talk about things.

"A little, I've missed going out with him,"

"I know you do, I'm glad that he's finally come to his senses and is ready to take you on dates again,"

"Hopefully he doesn't decide to break up with me,"

"If he wanted to do that, he would have over text, or at school most likely, that's how most boys are,"

"How are things between you and Blake?"

"Amazing, I love him more than anything, he's the sweetest, and I wouldn't be surprised if he proposes by the end of the year,"

"He graduates in May, so anything is possible,"

"Do you have any ideas when you and Zack will get engaged?"

"Next summer sometime, right after we graduate high school since we've talked about a fall or winter wedding,"

"I'm thinking the same thing about Blake, we've talked about a fall wedding, but I don't know if it'll be this year or next year,"

"I think you two need to slow down I'm not ready to give away two of my girls just yet," dad says

"We're just talking about it, it's not happening for a while,"

"I know, but I'm not ready to think about that yet, I'm going to have 4 daughters I have to give away, and I don't like that,"

"At least you won't have to give Lilly away for another 18 years or so,"

"You guys have grown up before my eyes, and it's hard for me to think about one day giving you guys away,"

Addy and I hugged him tightly, "It's okay Dad,"

"You look beautiful Lila, I hope everything goes well tonight, if not, Zack will have me to answer to,"

"Everything will be okay, I promise," Cara says reassuringly

"He should be here any minute,"

"Let's head downstairs," Addy says

"Do I need to talk with him?" dad asks

"No, It's okay, he's not used to me having an overprotective dad around, you might scare him,"

Dad laughs, "That's part of my job,"

"There he is, I just saw his car pull in the driveway," Mom announces

"Bye Lila, be safe, we love you," Dad says

"I love you guys too,"

I walked outside and got into the passenger side of Zack's car. He smiles and hugs me tightly. "I've missed you, Lila,"

"I missed you too,"

"What sounds good for lunch? we can go anywhere you want, and then we can walk around the mall if you want to,"

"That sounds like fun, I don't care where we eat, I just want to spend time with you,"

"Does Chick Fil A sound good?"

I nod, "I've been craving it,"

He smiles, "We'll go there and then head to the mall,"

"I've been looking forward to today since you asked me on Tuesday,"

"Me too, I just wish we didn't have to wait until the weekend to hang out, but with high school and college classes, I've been pretty busy,"

"It's okay Zack, I understand, how are your college classes going?"