Church and First Dates

"Lila, its time to wake up" I glanced at my phone, seeing it was only 7 am. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept good, I didn't have a nightmare,"

She smiles, "That's great,"

"You praying over me helped, I fell asleep pretty quickly,"

"I noticed, I came back in the room after I called Luke, and you were almost asleep,"

"I remember you coming back in and whispering 'goodnight' but I don't remember anything after that,"

"I'm glad you finally got some rest,"

"Me too, I needed it,"

"Want me to do your hair and makeup for church?"

"If you want to, Zack and I are going on our first official date today,"

"Of course I want to!"

I sat down in the chair and watched in the mirror as she curled my hair, and did my makeup. When I looked in the mirror at the finished product, all I could do was smile

"Aww you look gorgeous,"

"Thanks, Sarah, I usually don't let others do my makeup, but you understand that I prefer a more natural look, I don't want to look like a clown,"

"I don't either, even though we go to school with some human Barbie dolls, who plaster makeup on their faces"

"Oh I've seen them, Somebody really should tell them less is more,"

She laughs and starts doing her hair and makeup

"Go ahead and get dressed, You can pick out anything you want,"

As I looked through the closet, I found the cutest skirt and top, and sandals. I quickly walked to the bathroom and changed into them.

 I quickly walked to the bathroom and changed into them

"You look pretty,"

"Thanks, I wanted to wear something nice for our date today,"

"You look gorgeous, Zack's going to love it,"

"I hope so, I rarely dress up,"

"I know, I don't either honestly, trust me, girl, he likes you whether you're dressed up or not,"

I sat on the bed and watched as Sarah put the finishing touches on her makeup.

"Ready to eat breakfast?"

"I'm not much of a breakfast person but let's go"

I followed her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning girls. Sleep well?" Her mom asks

"Yeah we did," Sarah says

"Good, I'm making French toast for breakfast, it'll be done soon,"