Missing You

"Hey mom, I'm about to head to youth group, Zack is picking me up,"

"Before you leave, I need to talk to you about something,"

"What's going on mom?"

"Well you know I went to the doctor yesterday, and they did a bunch of tests,"

"Is everything okay?"

"I don't know how to tell you this Lila, but I'm pregnant,"

"You're pregnant?"

She pulls out a picture of the ultrasound, "I was just as shocked as you are, I didn't think I could get pregnant at my age, but they confirmed it yesterday, I'm 7 weeks along,"

"Oh my gosh, that's so exciting,"

"There's one other thing, I'm not just having one baby, there are two babies,"

"Twins,"

"I'm still in shock, I mean I just turned 50, I never thought that I'd have any more kids, especially since it's been 16 years since I had you,"

"I can't believe it,"

"Andrew was so excited when I told him, both of us were shocked, but we couldn't be happier,"

I teared up and hugged my mom, for 16 years I had been an only child, but within the span of three short weeks, I now had four siblings, two that were my age, and two that I would get to watch grow up.

"You can tell your friends, I know they're going to notice that you're crying and ask what's wrong, Andrew is telling Addy and Cara right now as well, so they'll know,"

"I don't know how they're going to react, I haven't told any of them that you're engaged either,"

"Hopefully they'll be happy,"

"I have to go, Zack's here,"

"Be careful sweetheart, I love you,"

I walked outside, Zack's car was sitting in my driveway. I could see Luke sitting in the backseat, and Sarah was running across the front yard. The two of us got into the car and Zack looks over at me

"What's wrong Lila? You're crying,"

"Nothing is wrong,"

"Then why are you crying?" Sarah asks

"The last three weeks have been the best weeks of my life, My mom and I are closer than we ever have been,"

"That's great Lila," Zack says

"My mom met someone that makes her as happy as my dad did, and she's known him forever since they were kids,"

"I'm so happy for her,"

"That's not all though, he proposed on Christmas, in front of me and my two new sisters,"

"Oh my gosh Lila, you're not an only child anymore!" Sarah says

"I can't believe it, I went from being an only child to having four siblings in the span of a few weeks,"

"How old are your siblings?" Luke asks

"19, 15, and two haven't been born yet,"

"Are they adopting?" Sarah asks

I shook my head, "My mom is pregnant, with twins,"

"Oh my gosh, Lila, that's amazing,"

"There's one more thing I haven't told you guys about my sisters,"

"What haven't you told us,"

"Well, you guys know them, they're part of our youth group,"

"Who is it?" Zack asks