Memories

January 16, One whole year since my dad had passed away

January 16, One whole year since my dad had passed away. 365 days of not hearing his voice, his laugh.

Today was Saturday, meaning I didn't have to get up and go to school, or worry about missing assignments. I just wanted to lay in bed and not move.

*Flashback*

"I promise I'll be home by 8, I have to stay a little later tonight to finish up a presentation I've been working on"

"Just be careful coming home tonight it's supposed to start snowing around 4"

"I will, I'll see you tonight"

*End of Flashback*

I was shaken from my thoughts by a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in"

Sarah walks in and sits down beside me, giving me a gentle hug.

"I know today's gonna be tough, just remember that all three of us are here for you"

"I miss him so much, I can't believe it's been a year"

I cried hard as she hugged me, she gently rubbing my back trying anything she could to comfort me.

"He would be so proud of you, you've come so far this last year"

"Thank you, I hope that I continue to make him proud"

"You will, no matter what, he'll always be looking down on you. So proud of all you've accomplished, you've made honor roll the year and a half we've been in high school, you've found a great group of friends who care about you and you've got a boyfriend who loves you unconditionally, Your dad would be so proud of you for all of that"

"You're right, I have accomplished a lot, especially this last year"

"How about we invite the guys over? We can watch movies, and eat junk food"

"That sounds perfect, I need a day with my best friends"

"I think we both do, First semester exams were really stressful"

"I know, and we haven't spent time together with just the four of us in a while. Zack comes over after church every Sunday and we spend all afternoon together, until he leaves for youth group"

"Do you ever think you'll come back to church and youth group?"

"Yeah, I've been thinking about it a lot recently. I miss being around my friends all the time"

"Everyone misses you too. Pastor Evan and Grace ask about you all the time, they really miss you"

"I miss them too, wanna have a sleepover tonight and we can go to church together tomorrow?"

"Of course I do"

"Let's surprise the boys and not tell them I'm coming back,"

"I love it! We can stay at my house tonight,"