Last Day of Summer

"Good morning girls," Mrs. Campbell says as Sarah and I sit down at the dining room table

"Good morning,"

"Breakfast is almost ready, after you eat, head off to church, We've got a busy day today,"

"I know, Church, lunch, back to school shopping, come home for maybe two hours, and then we're off to youth group,"

"Exactly, Once you get home from youth group, you have an hour and a half until bed lights out at 10:00,"

"We got it, Mom,"

"We should invite the boys to join us, it'll make it less miserable,"

"Good idea,"

"As long as you guys get what you need, I don't mind if they go with you," Mrs. Campbell says

"We'll get everything mom, don't worry,"

"Here's breakfast, you guys need to hurry up and eat,"

Mrs. Campbell puts a plate of french toast in front of both of us, I slowly ate about half of it. I wasn't hungry.

"You okay?" Sarah asks

"Yeah, I'm just not hungry,"

"Me either, my mom is stressing me out,"

"I guess we should head to church before she comes back in here,"

"I'll take our plates in the kitchen and let her know we're leaving,"

"I'll meet you in the car,"

I stood up and walked out the front door, I was glad that Sarah had her license now, We could go to church, youth group, or anywhere without having to wait for a ride.

"I think she's stressed because this summer has been a mess, normally we would have been done with everything by now,"

We'll get it done, the boys can help us,"

"As much as I love Luke, I'm not letting him help me pick out clothes,"

"I let Zack help me,"

"You do?"

"Yeah, he helped me get my school stuff last year,"

"Maybe I should let him help me,"

"He might surprise you,"

"There are the boys," Sarah says as we pull into the Church parking lot

"Aww, that's sweet, they're waiting for us,"

"Woah, you look gorgeous," Zack says as I get out of the car

"Thanks, Zack,"

"I stopped and got you a coffee on the way," he says handing me a cup of coffee

"Aww thank you, but you didn't have to,"

"He bought everyone coffee," Luke says

"I got Sarah's favorite too,"

"Okay, what do you want? You never bring me coffee," Sarah asks

"We just want to take you guys on a date today after church,"

"Well, we were gonna invite you guys to go school shopping with us,"

"You guys haven't done that yet?" Luke asks

"Nope, so we're going to the mall to get clothes and Walmart to get supplies."

The boys look at each other, "I guess we'll come," Luke says

"You don't have to, I just thought you could spend time with me and help me pick stuff out," Sarah says

Luke looks confused, "You never ask for my help when it comes to clothes shopping,"