Surprise

Everyone had already left for breakfast. Sarah and I sat in the cabin. Anxiously awaiting the results of the pregnancy test she had just taken. I knew deep down that she was pregnant, I had watched my mom experience a lot of the same symptoms.

"I'm so nervous," She says

"I know, but no matter what, just know that I love you and I'm going to be here for you. So are Zack and Luke,"

The timer went off and she picked up the test, tears filled her eyes as my suspicions were confirmed

Pregnant

"What do I do?"

"First thing is, you need to tell Luke,"

"He's going to hate me,"

"If he really loves you, he'll own up to it,"

"I don't know if I can do this,"

"You can do this! do you need me to come with you?"

"No it's better I do it alone,"

She throws the test away in the trash can and leaves the cabin, walking toward the dining hall.

Sarah's POV

"Hey Luke, can I talk to you?" I say. He looks at me confused before getting up and following me outside

"What's up?" he asks

I pull him over to the gazebo and sit down across from him. I broke down into tears, unable to speak

"Sarah? What's wrong?"

"I know you're going to hate me, and if you want to break up with me after I tell you this I'll understand," I managed to choke out

"What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant,"

His face fell. He came over to me and held me closely "We're going to have to get married as soon as I turn 18 to try and cover it up, I'm not mad at you, I just hope it doesn't get me in trouble and cost me my career,"

"It won't, we'll just have to hide it the best we can,"

"Does anyone know?"

I nod, "Lila does, she was there when I took the test,"

"I'll have to tell Zack, he deserves to know what's going on,"

"I'm scared,"

"I am too, but we'll make it, I promise,"

"That explains why I'm acting so crazy,"

"Lila was right all along,"

"Wait did she mention it to you?"

"Back at the end of school picnic she mentioned it, but said she was joking,"

"She asked me at Graduation, and I laughed it off. I didn't think I was until recently,"

"We'll just keep it quiet for now, We'll go down to the courthouse on September 1 and get married, I want you to have the same last name as me when we have this baby,"

"My due date should be around the beginning of January,"

"Two months after the church plant,"

"I know, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen like this,"

"Sarah, it's not your fault, we'll get through this together, I promise,"

"I guess I should let you go back to finish breakfast,"

"Honestly, I lost my appetite,"

"I did too,"

"You still need to eat a little something,"