Sophomores

My alarm went off at 5 a.m. I was really tired, I didn't get a lot of sleep I couldn't help but think about what Pastor Evan had announced at youth group the night before.

He and Grace announced that we would be doing a fall weekend trip in the middle of October during Autumn break, and that it would be similar to camp. There would be plenty of opportunities for worship, Bible study and making new friends. I couldn't wait for that weekend.

I knew I didn't have long to dwell on what was announced last night because I had to get up and start getting ready for the day ahead. Today was our first day of Sophomore year.

I rolled out of bed and did my normal morning routine, getting a shower fixing my hair and applying makeup. I put on the outfit I laid out my outfit the night before and the necklace that Zack got me for my birthday.

 I put on the outfit I laid out my outfit the night before and the necklace that Zack got me for my birthday

I grabbed my backpack and my phone and headed downstairs to have breakfast. I only ate some yogurt and a banana I was too nervous.

When I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 6:30 I knew I had to leave, I walked out the front door and over towards Sarah's driveway as she was walking of her house.

"Good morning Lila, you look cute"

"Thanks! so do you,"

"Excited for today?"

"Yeah, but also a little nervous"

We arrived at the bus stop, where several other kids stood, mostly silent. A few of them had quiet conversations, but most looked like they were half awake

"No need to be nervous, you have us with you again this year"

"That's right," Zack hugs me from behind

I turned around and hugged him tightly

"You look beautiful, and tired"

"Thanks babe, I was a little too excited about Pastor Evan announcing fall weekend to sleep"

"I can tell, good thing I brought you this" he hands me a cup of coffee

"You didn't have to do this"

"I know, but I wanted to, get used to it. Every morning I'm bringing you coffee"

I smiled, "This is why I love you"

After a few more minutes, the bus turns down the street and stops in front of us, Zack and I sit in the front seat together, Sarah sitting on the other side of the aisle.

It was a fairly silent ride to school, Zack had his arm wrapped around my waist and held me close. As the school came into sight, I started getting nervous again.

"We got this, you don't have to be nervous" Zack whispers

As well got off the bus and walked into school, everything felt normal, we walked to our lockers and placed everything inside, only taking what we needed for our first class.