Sweet Memories

Today marks two years since I had met my best friend and the love of my life. Sarah and I had gotten home from school and already finished our homework which wasn't a lot since we only had a week and a half of school left.

"I guess we should start getting ready, the boys will be here soon," Sarah says

"Yeah, I'm glad this is their last two days of college classes for the year,"

"Me too, I can't wait to go on dates with Luke again. We haven't been on one in a while because of his course load this semester,"

"Same with Zack and me. I miss spending time with him,"

"Thankfully tomorrow is their last day, They've only got one exam and then they are ours again,"

"I can't wait to have a whole summer with Zack, Next month is our two year anniversary, and we get to spend the whole week together at camp, we turn 17, and it looks like there's a bunch of fun youth activities before August,"

"I can't believe it's been almost two years that you guys have been dating,"

"Me either, the last year has been the craziest, yet the most amazing year of my life,"

"So much has happened, especially in the last 6 months,"

"I know, My mom came home, got engaged and my family tripled in size, she's having my little brother and sister in the next two and a half months, and getting married in September, I have a stepfather who treats me like I'm his own daughter and acts like he's known me my whole life, I have two sisters who I love and are my best friends, I haven't self-harmed in over 10 months, and I'm finally overcoming the eating disorder I've had for so long,"

"I'm so proud of you Lila, you've overcome so much in the last two years that I've known you,"

"You, Luke, and Zack have helped a lot too, Especially the last few months,"

"The boys have helped me a lot too, It's like they know when we're struggling with our self-confidence. Zack sent me the sweetest message the other day, I think he could sense that something was up,"

"That was the day that the group of cheerleaders made fun of us at lunch and you didn't eat anything,"

"Yeah, I couldn't eat, I kept thinking about how Trent would say the same things to me,"

"I'm surprised Luke didn't say anything,"

"All his mind has been on recently is school,"

"Well, I think you should talk to him about how you feel,"

"If he'll even listen,"

"Take time tonight at the picnic, Zack and I are going to sit alone and spend time together,"

"I hope things don't get as bad as they did last year,"

"We need to talk to them and tell them how we feel, they can't read our minds, and pushing them away is just going to make things worse,"

"You're right, I'll pull him aside and talk to him tonight,"

"They'll be here any minute, are you ready?"

"Yeah, let's wait outside for them,"

Sarah and I walked outside and sat on the steps. We sat there for what seemed like forever and the boys still hadn't shown up.

"I'm not waiting for them anymore, I'll drive us,"

"Good idea, It's too hot out here to be sitting and waiting for them,"

Sarah and I got into her car and she drove us to the park where they are holding the youth picnic. when she pulled into the parking lot, We saw Zack's car already sitting there, He and Luke were standing by the sheltered area talking with a few others.