Holy Matrimony

"You look, beautiful mom,"

"Thank you, Lila, so do you,"

"Look at Lilly, she's the cutest little flower girl I've seen," Addy says

"Yes, she is, she looks a lot like Lila did when she was that age,"

"Are you guys ready, it's time to start walking out," Grace asks

We nod, "Let's go,"

My mom had chosen me, Cara, Addy, and Grace to be her bridesmaids and dad had chosen Zack, Blake, Hunter, and Josh to be his groomsman. I could only imagine how cute Zack would look standing at the front of the church holding my little brother.

We walked to the lobby of the church where Zack and the others were waiting for us, I linked arms with him, and we started walking toward the front of the church. It was a surreal feeling, knowing that in a little over a year, Zack and I would be doing this again, except it would be us getting married.

"You look beautiful," he whispers as we take our place on the stage

"Thank you," I whispered back

Pastor Evan started speaking, welcoming everyone to the wedding, and prays over the ceremony. Zack held my hand the entire time. I think he could see us being in the same place a year from now like I could.

"Andrew and Lauren have chosen to write their own vows that they wish to share before everyone and all-mighty God today, Lauren, you're first,"

"Andrew, I love you, I prayed that God would lead me to his choice. And I praise Him that tonight His will is being fulfilled. Through the pressures of the present and uncertainties of the future, I promise my faithfulness, to follow you through all of life's experiences as you follow God, that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ and our home be a praise to Him. I Lauren, take you, Andrew, to be my husband to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow."

I teared up as my mom said her vows to Andrew, Zack noticed and gently squeezed my hand, letting me know that he was there.

"Lauren, I love you, I prayed that God would lead me to his choice. And I praise Him that tonight His will is being fulfilled. Through the pressures of the present and uncertainties of the future, I promise my faithfulness, to follow you through all of life's experiences as you follow God, that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ and our home be a praise to Him. I, Andrew take you, Lauren, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow."

My mom and Andrew went over to take communion and pray together while Luke sang a couple of hymns. Zack prays quietly over our relationship and asks God to bless the next year of our lives together. After a few minutes, Mom and Dad rejoin the group and exchange rings

My mom put the ring onto his finger, and teared up as she spoke, "I give you this ring as a symbol of my everlasting love for you."

Andrew smiled and put the ring on her finger, "I offer you this ring to wear as a symbol of our unbreakable bond. It is a reminder of my eternal faith and unwavering dedication. I will cherish you forevermore."

Pastor Evan pronounced them husband and wife, and they shared a sweet kiss. Zack whispered in my ear as the crowd cheered, "416 days, that will be us,"