In Trouble

Writing Prompt #2:

You've been called to the principal's office for bad behavior. You know what you did. Explain and justify yourself.

Well, let's hope this goes right... It went alright I guess.  5/7/21

Words: 992

I slump back further into the slightly cushioned, basic school chair. 

The principal was an annoying guy, took harmless things too seriously. He'd get mad over two girls hugging, or even 2 guys fist-bumping. It was like it was a "No friends, No touching" kinda school. 

That ticked alot of people off.

We, as in school's students and coaches, are pretty high ranked in the district with athletics, grade point averages and state/country testing. We were a great school but the "principal's pets" and the principal himself made it a shit school to go to. 

Sure the coach's are great, but everything else is a waste. I feel bad for the cool teachers' cause they have to deal with the guy in charge of their position and pay. 

I sigh, rolling my eyes.

I knew perfectly well why I was here in his pathetic, overly cluttered office. 

"He'll be in there in a minute, Miss Payne." One of the office ladies call to me from the door way. 

"Yes ma'am." I politely tell her, although, it was just above a whisper. She nods with a small smile and gets off the doorframe to leave me alone again. 

I shove my lightly paled and scarred hands into my pockets. The fishnet around wrists and forearms unfortunately pulled higher as it moves underneath my sleeves. 

My skinny jeans stained by grass and dirt, from the previous year of hardcore practice with friends. A hole, well several, across the knees, a few hardly hidden by my black boots. My jeans a dark blue hue, so the stains are difficult to spot. My jacket zipped up, the color of a dark silver. My high-heeled boots, decorated with fake, but pretty diamonds and straps of black leather almost seeming misplaced all over the pair of boots. They reach just below my knees, so they look bad ass too.

My hair firmly wrapped in a fancy bun on the middle of the back of my head. A thin white pin covered in a line of diamonds sits clipped in my hair in the front of it. Several tiny diamonds in the shape of a flower, were the pair of earrings I chose to wear today. 

None of it was too expensive, a few, were gifts from distant-related family members. 

I hear a knock at the principal's door. 

I quickly turn my head around to see the principal, standing there. His typical "disappointed-father" look plastered on his face. I roll my eyes and plop back into the seat.

He sighs, and walks over to his own designated seat with his hands in his pockets.

"Care explaining what and why you did what you did, Miss Payne?" He folds his hands on his  oak desk. 

I shrug, "There's nothing to really explain, if you already know what I did." I glance at the corner of his office, right in front of the door, where a wall-window sits. Somewhere to look other than his ugly face.

A student walks by with long brown hair and a purple string backpack.

"Well, I'm not quiet sure what happened, actually." He gives a weak chuckle. A coax to let my guard down, I'm not a noob Mr. Williams. 

"The bitch-" Mr. Williams clears his throat. I groan, "She wasn't letting off." 

"Explain. Miss Payne, I can't be here all day." Mr. Williams complains. If you can't be here all day then why'd you have to bring me up here in the first place?

"'Miss Little Perfect' was being an ass." Mr. Williams gives me a look. My hands shoot out of my pockets and exasperated my anger, "She was beating up one of my friends! Her so-called friends were there to watch her do her fun!" 

Mr. Williams face goes blank. Great! Now he's gonna give me the, 'should've grabbed a teacher' line.

"She would've beaten Ashlynn up off of school grounds if I got a teacher, because you guys can't do shit when a fight is off your grounds! Even if it's across the street!" I shout at him.

"Miss Payne, that doesn't-" 

I cut him off, standing up from my chair. "I only threw as many punch's as I could to get her to stop, nothing more! Her friends didn't help her! So that's entirely her fault for choosing such poor ass friends!" I point out of his office, to imply it happened in one of his halls.

"Fights are not permitted-"

"No shit sherlock!! And neither are physical actions of bullying!" My hands land on his desk. 

"Miss Payne, calm down-" He looks outside his office, he's getting ready to call the security.

I sit down in my seat with my arms crossed. "Call my parents, they won't give a shit." I lean forward, "But you better call Harley's parents if you're gonna call mine." I hiss at him.

He sits there for a moment, contemplating if he should call Harley's parents. "Hmm..."

"Fuck this school." I stand up, grabbing my backpack. A white backpack with black flower designs and black zippers. "I'm leaving." I walk out of his office and around the desk of the front office ladies'.

"Miss Payne! You can't leave school grounds during classes!" Mr. Williams yells out after me, getting ready to chase me.

"Watch me motherfucker!" I yell back, flipping him off.

I'll get in hella trouble, but my parents are outta the state anyways, they still won't really care.

I open the doors to the entrance of the school and jay-walk across the street. Security must've been called on me. I grumble. 

Ashlynn is already home, so I'll visit her. 

I grin. 

Harley's gonna get it.

And maybe a few of her 'friends' too.

I start jogging, gotta get a head start to Ashlynn's house if I wanna beat the security.

I just gotta make sure Ashlynn is alright.

She has to be safe, she promised. 

I feel myself blush, she's everything to me.