New Found Love? (Yuri/Fluff)

Writing Prompt: #5

I forgot I wrote the "In Trouble" scenario, and I just re-read it, so here's something to follow-up that short story. 

You find out your crush, may actually like you back. What do you do to comfort them in their situation though? 7/23/21

Words: 1,075

I jog up the street. I get fed up with my pace. I got fed up with everything!

I pick up the pace and start running up the slight hill. 

Angry at... something...!

I dont know!

I had to see her. I had to make sure Ashlynn is safe.

The numbness in my feet, was just that. Numb, they didn't hurt or sting.

I knocked on Ashlynn's parents front door. 

Their nicely painted blue house, brought back memories from a few summers ago when I came over to help, as my parents didnt want to take me on their vacation. So I spent the week here, helping- playing with Ashlynn. 

I smiled weakly, such wonderful memories. I almost try opening the doorknob. My arm drops, and I sigh. 'Why'd I try that?'

I straighten my back and clear my throat. 'At least look presentable,' I yell at myself. I knock on the door. 

"Coming!" Mrs. Rowe yelled. She sounded like she was probably in the kitchen. 

A moment later she opened the door. 

She looked up to see me, and gasped. "Payne!" She smiled, I gently returned her a small smile. She leaned against the door, "It's so good to see you!"

Before I could even speak up, she opened up the front door. "T-thanks-..." I sputter in surprise.

"You're always welcome home, Payne." I bow my head to her as she takes her leave to the kitchen.

"Thank you, Mrs. Rowe." I step in, and gently close her door behind me.

"Ashlynn's upstairs, in her room. Resting..." Mrs. Rowe softly spoke. 

'Ah, yeah... she must've freaked out about all the blood and bruising...' I mentally scolded myself for not being here earlier.

"I'll go comfort her..." I trail off, 'and myself...', "If she's awake."

Mrs. Rowe turns away from the kitchen sink, "Of course, and there's food in the fridge and pantry if you get hungry." She softly informs me. 

I nod, "I-i'm not..." I mutter.

"Hungry?" Mrs. Rowe finished my sentence. "I know, but I always offer, just in case."

I smile, "Thank you." I mumble. I walk over to the banister and climb up the stairs. 

I stand in front of Ashlynn's bedroom door. I stare at it for several minutes. 

'Should I really go in?' I begin to waver with nervousness. 'No.' I shake my head, clearing my thoughts. 'I have to make sure she's alright.' 

My knuckles barely tap the door as I knock, if she is asleep, I do not want to disturb her.

I paused, bringing my hand to my side. Awaiting an answer.

More time passed. How much? I don't know. But, no answer.

I silently open her door, glad it didnt creak this time. 

I peak my head in, catching a glimpse of her gazing at the door. 

We both lightly chuckle. Her arms wrapped in bandages. 

I close her door carefully, leaning my backpack into it. "Extremely sorry that I'm late..." I whisper.

She gives me a pure smile, "It's alright, really, Payne. I couldn't thank you enough for sticking up for me anyway." 

I scratch the back of my neck, glancing away. I gently slide my backpack onto the wooden floor boards right behind the door. 

"I... was still late..." I mutter under my breath, my palms against her door.

She smiles. 

How can one be so full of happiness, even going through an unfair fight like that?

Ashlynn pats the vacant cushion on the side of her bed. "Come." She softly speaks.

I wince seeing her wounded hand, I should've been there sooner. 

I walk to the open side of her bed and take a seat on the cushion. 

"You're alright though...?" I ask. I shake my head, "Sorry, of course not, Harley-"

She slides her left hand into my pale ones in my lap. I bring my hands to her bed, making it easier for her for her clasp her hands in mine.

"I'm all good silly." She grins. 

I shyly grin, her smile is always so warm. 

"I'm just glad you stuck up for me." Ashlynn whispers. I caress her hand.

"That's what best friends are for." I reassure her. 

"Right." She gazes into me eyes. I get nervous.

'Has she always been so therapeutic?' I wonder as her eyes bare into mu soul. They were caring and kind, but still I felt frightened that I knew she was reading me.

"Mr. 'No Friends' didn't like that did he?" She chuckled. 

I laughed, gazing at my lap. "Yeah... I wanted to make sure you were alright." I shrug, gesturing to her hand in mine.

She rustles in her bed and begins to move. 

I quickly glance up, "No no no no no no no." I place my hands carefully one her shoulders. "You're supposed to be resting!"

Ashlynn giggles, and places her her right hand on mine as I feel embarrassed. 

"It's alright." She pauses, making sure she caught my attention. "I'm good to sit up, Payne." She slowly begins to move my hand. I sigh, placing my bum all the way back on the cushion, bringing my hands into my lap.

"You're right. Sorry." I fix my eyes on my hands folded in my lap.

"Of course I am." By Ashlynn's voice, she was definitely gleefully smiling. 

I feel one of her hands tenderly touch my right cheek. I jolt in my seat, shocked. 

My eyes don't get to meet hers, I feel her soft lips peck my cheek. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She laughs. I grumble, my arms covering my red face of embarrassment as I lay on the floor.

My legs on the side of the cushion that had fallen over with me. 

"C'mon, we have all night to chat." I hear her rustle and pat the bed.

I remove my arms, and sit up. Glancing up at her. 

A night talking with her, sounds really calming.

"Talking all night, sounds great." I grin. I pick up the cushion, setting it up right. I kick off my black boots, gently sliding onto the bed space next to her. 

She leans into my shoulder and talks about the stars she saw last night. 

I smile. She can't see it, but all she needed to do was look at me, and my anger was gone.

She is my world. 

I just hope she'll let me be her best friend forever. 

I wish... she'll let me stay by her side for the rest of time.