High School AU (Conversation) (Fluff)

Writing Prompt #19

Inspiration. I love it. 11/9/21

Words: 214

She glances down at her tightly clasped hands, worrisome. Melody has no idea what to do. 

Her 1 year boyfriend is just nonchalantly sitting next to her. 

How could he do that after such a conversation last night?

She shakes her head. There is nothing wrong between them, so she should take into account of what was said last night. Make sure her action and words aren't giving mixed signals for him. 

Kuki rubs her shoulder. Melody looks up, gently pushing aside her thoughts. 

"Sorry, I was just thinking..." Melody trails off, giving him a small smile. 

Kuki simply smiles, "No worries."

It hurts her heart a little that he could act so "normal" with her, as if nothing happened. 

She stares solemnly at her lap. She also begins to fidget. 

Kuki glances at her lap, noticing her change in mood. 

He sighs, she shouldn't feel this way at all. 

Kuki scooches closer to her side at the lunch table, and hooks his arm over her shoulder. 

She perks up, wondering what he is going to say to her next. 

He reassures her, "It doesn't mean soon. Just, that, I am thinking of us --the future."

She smiles gleefully and leans into him. She grasps his shirt, "Thank you." 

Time is a valuable thing.