Trivia

Writing Prompt: #30

This one is one of my favorites.

Written on 1/7/22.

He had trouble walking, trouble standing up, trouble buttering his toast. But his mind was as sharp as ever. He had this amazing way with trivia. He could tell you...

Words: 424

...almost every president, every chief and every dictator of several countries. Whether or not the civilization still stands.

It was crazy seeing him rattle off famous people from 1916 and their births on Friday night. You should of seen it!

He was the one to struggle talking to new people, asking questions of a teacher or peer. To properly function as what people called "normal everyday things." 

Sure he struggled with so much more than any of us, but we all love that he still has something to be passionate about. Even if he looses us sometimes.

People treat him differently, because they feel they have to help the weaker ones. 

He isn't weak. 

At least, not the way everyone sees him to be.

He has a voice. 

He has a function in society. 

Its just hard for his brain to function the way ours do in a similar way. 

I guess that's why we find him so interesting. 

He's smarter than us in trivia, mathematics and especially history. 

But, he only "let us" be his friends if we treated him as a regular human being. 

We too, each felt responsible to take care of him to the best of our abilities. For different reasons yes, but help him nonetheless.

He had a hard time talking to each one of us when we first met him. But he overcame that.

He expressed himself as just wanting to be treated normally. 

It took us awhile to get used to it ourselves. Seeing him be and do so much more than us ourselves, has pushed us to become more for ourselves. 

We all agree, he's more than just a regular person. 

Once you get to know him, his trivia facts are like jokes. Sometimes, they have zero relevance to anything. Sometimes they have a perfect comedic timing. 

One time, we were taking a test in math, and he suddenly said, "Bottlenose dolphins are even more right-handed than humans." 

I don't know if he knew that he had caught everyone's attention, but he then proceeded to lift his right hand, with pencil in hand, and shake it. 

He had the whole class in laughter. 

He had lifted the tense gloom in the room. 

Everyone had appreciated it, even when they had no idea where he got the idea to say such "nonsense" during a test. 

It's really funny though, in a weird way, dolphins have fins, not hands. 

He, is truly the best person in the world. 

I hope you can get to meet him one day.