61

* * *

* * *

Remus was right. Buying for Catina was seeming rather difficult as she kept refusing Bill from spending his money on her. She was polite, of course, but she really did not want Bill to "waste" his money. She stayed quiet as the pair wandered down the narrow alley.

"I'll tell you what, why don't we head to the muggle shops? Maybe then you'll want something, eh?" Bill put his arm around her shoulder as a man slipped past them with a hood over his head. "And no protesting, I'm buying you some things."

"But-"

"Darling, stop. You won't win. I always win."

"Why do you always emphasise the world 'darling'?" She rolled her eyes as he pulled her closer, her head slightly bouncing off of his chest. She couldn't deny that his arm was keeping her warm; since being in Azkaban she began to feel the cold much more easily, even on a day like today which was bright and full of sunshine beating down on them.

"Because it irks you whenever I say it."

"It really doesn't."

Bill smirked, poking her cheek. "Oh I know it does, darling."

"It doesn't!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes, darling."

"No."

"Yes, darling."

They had no stopped on the middle of the street. Catina had pulled away from Bill's hold and was stood directly in front of him, staring up at him. She hadn't really looked at Bill, in fact, she hadn't really looked at any of his siblings except the twins- Fred for obvious reasons, but George so that she could attempt to decipher which one was which. Bill was certainly a handsome man with his chiselled jaw and cheek bones, he was clean shaven but had cut guy himself since a small scab the size of a grain of rice was clogged on his jaw. His eyes were a dazzling blue, like a clear summer's sky and his hair was long and lustrous- definitely soft- she thought. His voice was always soothing, teasing her occasionally but nevertheless smooth and silky. I wonder how deep it goes in the morning, thought Catina.

Bill's eyes stayed staring down at the girl who wasn't very short but short enough compared to him for him to have to tilt his head down. He could see why Fred was attracted to her. Her beauty was certainly natural and not just skin deep. Her strength and courage was admirable and shone vividly but her eyes were the true bearers of who she was. He could see in her eyes the pain she still hides each day. No matter how much she smiled and laughed her eyes would never lie.

Eyes locked with Bill, Catina found herself leaning closer. She didn't mean to but naturally her body drew her closer to him. His eyes and the smell of his aftershave was intoxicating. Bill's hand raised to her cheek and his thumb traced the scar that branded her cheekbone.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, swiping away a tear that had fell.

Catina stepped back and brushed her cheek with the ball of her hand. "I... I... nobody has ever treated me the way you have."

Bill took her hands that covered her face like a mask and held them in hers. He squeezed them gently and dragged her into his chest, wrapping his arms around her small frame and cuddled her close. "I'm not going to say how much you don't deserve the way you grew up because I'm sure others have bleated on and on about that but there is one thing I will say. I know you do not like or want me to spend money on you but I want to, you've lost a lot of you belongings and those you still have are tattered and worn and you could do with some new things. Let me treat you this one time and I won't do it again if you don't want me to. I've seen the way Fred was torn up about you and if you were my girlfriend I would feel the same. I can't imagine how Fred felt, between you and I, he cried so much about you being locked away. He told me about everything. So I'm going to do everything I can to help you and don't see this as a charity offering, but a fresh start."

"Thank you, Bill. Wait, he told you everything?"

He nodded. "I don't hate him, he needed someone to know and he just kind of exploded. He was distraught and blamed himself. He told me about your spell-making. Which leads me onto my next thought."

"Mr Ollivander has said that, even though you didn't do your N.E.W.Ts, he'll take you on as an apprentice wand-maker. That way you can learn to make wands and that way it can help mould your new spells since you'll be able to know what would work and what's wouldn't-"

"You really did that for me?"

"Yes, I saw the way you looked at the wands and Mr Ollivander when he spoke. Obviously, if I have overstepped the line, please say so but I thought you'd appreciate it." He scratched the back of his neck, drawing away from Catina ever so slightly only to be pulled back again.

"Wow! I can't thank you enough!"

Bill chuckled lowly, the vibrations running through her body joining the electricity flowing through her veins in exhilaration. Catina jumped up and down thanking Bill over and over again. She really appreciated Bill and certainly could not thank him anymore than she was doing so. Bill had shot her up onto cloud nine!

He was grateful that Catina was happy with his bit of nosiness but he had to question what was in her pocket. He stuck his hand in and pulled out a small box. "What's this?" He questioned her.

"I dunno..."