18

* * *

* * *

"Let's go back inside, eh?" Said Remus who wandered over to Catina, Sirius by his side about an hour later. She was curled in a ball under a tree with her eyes staring off in front of her now dark and lightless.

She shook her head, "no," Said she, "not yet."

"Cat, darling, it's really late."

She shook her head again, putting her forehead on her knees just as Sirius ran off away from the pair. Sighing, Remus ran after him just in case he did something stupid leaving Catina alone (a stupid mistake but he wasn't thinking about that). As soon as Remus was gone, Catina was on her feet and running. She ran off in a different direction to last time, she didn't care about her belongings and like a bad owner, she forget entirely about Juno, her mind set one thing and one thing only. Getting away from there.

Back at the house Molly was furious, "she's gone!" She shrieked loudly which would give Mrs Black's portrait a run for her money, "you idiots!"

"Actually, Molly, Remus is the idiot. After all I was returning here to see f we could swap over with someone who would keep an eye on her as we were getting cold and Cat didn't want to come in." Said Sirius who earned a glare from Remus.

"No you ran off," Remus scoffed.

"Well I couldn't exactly speak could I? Merlin's beard, Remus you're supposed to be the smart one."

Fred shook his head in disbelief, "Why is everyone just sat here? Shouldn't you be out looking for her? It's three in the morning!"

"Dumbledore has been alerted and aurors are out searching for her," Said Arthur placing his hand on Fred's shoulder.

"Who was that?" Asked Ginny, "Her boggart?"

"That's no one else's business—"

"But it is, Lupin," Said Ron, "she's living here with us and we aren't allowed an explanation about what just happened. I think you owe us that if nothing else. Some random snake is allowed to share a room with Hermione and my sister and we aren't told much about her! That's not fair."

"Ron is right," Harry added, "who was that boy?"

Remus looked to Molly who nodded her head, "tell them."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his greying hair, "I believe that was Hardin Emryz dressed in his twin brother's clothes. At first it seems that Cat thought it was Oakley Emryz but it obviously not. When Cat was around six she was in the care of the Emryz family whose only children were Hardin and Oakley who were around six years older than she was at the time. She had a great relationship with Oakley, he looked after her and made her feel at home, whereas Hardin was not. Hardin would scare her and taunt her. And on Halloween when he took things too far. He and his friends went out trick or treating whilst Oakley and his friends took Cat with them. Hardin's group waited for Cat to get lost but it didn't happen. So they made it happen. Putting on different masks so that she didn't know it was them, they shoved through Oakley's group and snatched Cat away. They ran off with her into the woods close to the town but far away for nobody to hear. They were awful. They tied her to a tree and ruined her costume, they then taunted her and told her scary stories then left her there, tied up, alone. When she was found by a local dog walker, she was near-on freezing, had blue lips and was crying like no tomorrow. He took her back to the Emryz family where Oakley got the blame for losing her and she got taken away from the family and moved on to a different home. Hardin didn't leave Cat though. He was still there haunting her dreams and she clearly has never forgotten this."