79

* * *

* * *

Prosper was taken by Snape to a safehouse, there was far too many people for the Weasley's to cater for. Unlike Catina who was taken to Lyall Lupin's home, Prosper was relocated to Aunt Julie's in Scotland. Julie was heartbroken over the death of her brother and sister-in-law but relieved when Prosper was taken into her care.

Tearing him from Catina was difficult. He had a firm grip on her arm and even her soft words of support and care couldn't get him to budge. Every time someone tried he would tighten his hold on his best friend. Everyone was happy enough for him to take his time, until Snape stepped in and stunned the boy. Catina kicked up a storm because of this, resulting in Fred carrying her out into the kitchen to calm her down.

"Freddie! He can't just do that to him, he's just watched his parents get murdered!"

Fred held her face and stared into her eyes, "I know, Kitten, but you need to calm down. It's no use you picking a fight with Snape, you won't get anywhere. Prosper is going to his aunt's where he will be safe and probably a lot more comfortable than he is here-"

"No! You just want him gone-"

"I do not! You are at your happiest with him and frankly I'd rather him stay here so that you are both comfort for each other but he needs to be with his aunt. Cat, please calm yourself woman!"

Catina dropped to the floor, her knees cracking as they connected with the stone tiles. She tugged at her hair and wiped the tears from her cheeks. Her heart was racing and she watched as Snape disapparated with Prosper's stunned body.

Fred crouched beside her and pulled her into his chest, kissing the top of her head. "You'll see him again, I know that you're scared you won't. I promise you will, okay?" She nodded.

"It's brewing, Freddie. It's coming in thick and fast and I don't think we will be ready when it does?"

"What is?"

"The storm."

"I'm not Trelawny you're going to have to elaborate, kitten," Fred chuckled, his chest bumping into Catina's back and jolting her forward. She turned her head to look at him with solemn, washed over eyes.

"The dark. There will be another war, like before, I don't think we will win this one."

"Oh, Cat, don't worry about that. Harry's older now, if he can defeat a Voldy as a baby just imagine what he can do now!"

She shook her head and pushed Fred off of her. Clambering to her feet, she rose her eyebrows at him. "You don't seriously think that Harry is the key to ending this all do you? He's a boy! A boy who has suffered to much, he is no miracle worker, Fred. It was some sort of luck that Harry stopped Voldemort as a baby, this time, Voldemort is stronger, he's had years and years in the dark to build an army and what does Dumbledore have?"

"The Order!"

"The so-called Order that is made up of eighty-percent your family! Fred everyone army loses soldiers and unless Dumbledore can magically gain more members, because, funnily enough, most of the original members died in 1981! Your family need to be more and more prepared-"

"Are you saying my family will die?"

"No, of course not, yes, it's a possibility, but we all need to be prepared for the worst and we cannot rely solely on Harry! You don't know half of what he has gone through and son much pressure to be the end of yet another war is not going to help him or anyone for that matter. Everyone needs to start working on building their own strengths against Voldemort rather than relying on him!"

"For once I agree with her," said George from the kitchen doorway, "Harry's great and all and yes he helped us with Umbridge but he is still a kid. I say we join the Order, Freddie."

"Okay then-"

"OH MY GOD! Did you not listen to a word I said?"

"What are you going on about woman?"

"It's not as simple as that, Fred! Aurors who had training died because of Voldemort, some Hogwarts drop-outs are hardly going to do shit unless you prepare yourself properly."

"Okay, now I semi agree with the she-wolf," George raised his hand, "we know exactly what we would be signing up for and even if we didn't, if it meant helping Harry and our family we would die for them. Harry is just as much our brother as Ron is. You get that? You are nothing to me and won't stop me from volunteering to join the Order. Capiche?"

"Fine, do whatever, I don't care. But don't say I didn't warn you if either of you get hurt or worse killed!"

Catina pushed Fred off of her as he tried to stop her from leaving but she rushed off out of the kitchen and up the stairs. She past Ron who was heading off to the bathroom, making her way to his bedroom where she found Harry sat in the spare bed.

"You okay, Cat?"

"Whatever Dumbledore or anyone tries to get you to do in order to fight Voldemort you promise me you won't do it." She looked at him with tear pricking at the corner of her eyes, her chapped lips quivering.

Harry looked into his lap in guilt, shaking his head, "I can't promise that."

"They're putting too much pressure on you Harry! Unrealistic expectations are being thrown at you like you're a puppet on their strings-"

"Well I am the chosen one."

Catina threw a pillow at the wall, "I don't care what you are! You are a single boy whose life has pretty much been traumatic from the get go! You are not the answer to everything and grown-arse adults need to get that into their thick skulls!"

Harry stood up and wrapped his arms around her fighting body, "I know you are just being protective but I think it's too late for that now, Cat."

She held him like her own child, "I just don't want you to get hurt anymore. You deserve the world but not this cruel, horrible world, but one of happiness and tranquillity. I wish you could have experienced even just one year at Hogwarts where nothing exciting happened except Quidditch, I want you and Sirius to live as a happy family, I just want this to be all over."

"And it will be when I stop it."

"You alone can't stop it."

"Then help me."

"What?"

"Whatever I have to do to end it all, I want you by my side. We have already established you get me more than anyone else and I think that will be helpful against him. Plus... you do sort of know the death-eaters so will know what they are likely to do."

"They're not all bad, Harry."

"I know. Your dad said there is light and dark in side of everyone, it's just what we chose to follow that will map out our path."

"I will be by your side all the way, Harry, I'm not letting you do this alone."

"I mean, Hermione and Ron wouldn't let me do it alone so I wouldn't have been alone anyway..."

"You're a cheeky little shit, aren't you?"

"It's in my genetics."