25

(A/n- I just found out that half of this had disappeared so I have reuploaded it, sorry!)

* * *

Catina spent the rest of the day in bed, Dumbledore had granted her the time off of lessons and instructed her to stay and rest. Needless to say, she was too rough and tired to even try to argue and that shocked the headmaster, he was so accustomed to the girl trying to argue the toss and push herself until her limits but this time, thankfully, she gave in.

When it came around to the end of dinner, Prosper made his way into the dorm. He knew a way to go into the dorms room, of course he did. He needed to make sure he could get to Catina at all times when in school because he didn't want her to be alone. Not if she needed someone because Lord knows that Catina Lennox should never be left alone when in need. She has a habit for falling into deep dark hole where she let her demons walk all over her. Hardin especially. Hardin Emryz would be the bane of her life forever more. Not even Fred could take that away from her.

Prosper shook his head at the sight he walked in on. Catina was curled up in a ball with her eyes screwed tightly shut. She looked traumatised in her sleep and immediately he perched beside her on the bed and brushed back her hair. He picked a scrunchie off of the bedside table and gently pulled her hair up into a pony tail to keep it out of her face. He tugged the duvet up to cover her further and tucked her in to keep her warmer. Catina rolled over in her sleep and rested her head on his lap, a sigh tumbling from her lips.

For all of the time Prosper has known Catina, he found it almost impossible to remember a time where she was very happy. The smile she wore was short-lasting and mostly false and whilst nobody questioned it, Prosper could see through her act. His one wish in life was for her to be happy. She's his best friend and they were two peas in a pod, it vexes him that he can't help her even more. He would let her live with him if he could but there simply wasn't the space at his home. He would swim the entire ocean if it meant she'd live a better life. But he couldn't,m because, despite being a wizard, he's just a boy. Plain old Prosper, who can't shit miracles.

A little while passed and Prosper still sat with Catina just so that she wasn't alone and he felt her stir. Catina yawned to her heart's content, whether or not it was ladylike she didn't care. She swiped away at her eyes so that she could wake herself up better but when she tried to sit up her body, still aching, collapsed back into Prosper. It wasn't the first time and it wasn't to be the last time that Catina woke up with Prosper beside her, so when he helped her to sit up it didn't come as a shock whatsoever.

"What time is it?" She asked with a groan as she wiped her tired eyes. Prosper glanced at the pocket watch he kept in his pocket (his grandfather gave it to him for his tenth birthday) and answered her. It was late, really late and he didn't realise quite how long he had been with her as she slept. Catina saw his rather shocked expression and gently pushed him out of the bed. "Go to sleep, Prop, you look ready to drop."

Prosper bowed his head, pressed a kiss to her head and swiftly exited the dorm. Catina waited a while before hauling on some slippers. Hers or one of the other girls'? She didn't know. She pulled on a dressing gown and trudged out of the dorm. The cold, dark room sent shivers over her neck and face which ere exposed as she exited the Slytherin common room heading up out of the dungeons and to the kitchens.

Just as Catina tickled the pear the door already opened and she froze on the spot. Fred was exiting and equally froze at the sight of the girl. His eyes travelled up and down her body but before he could say anything, her stomach let out an almighty roar to which made her coil back in embarrassment.

"Hungry?" Catina shook her head and went to back away but he gently took her hand and led her into the kitchen where he whispered for an elf to make her some food. "How are you?"

"Tired," she responded leaning her chin on her palm. The houself quickly brought over some soup and bread which Catina tucked into. Fred watched her in concern. She was different. Definitely not the Catina he knew, she was worn and all her cracks had begun to appear. She was a mess and it was no longer hidden.

"You make my brother happy, you know that right? I didn't know why or how you do it but you do. I still don't like you. I don't think I shall ever like you but I've never seen Fred like this so I'll allow it. But you fuck up, even in the smallest way possible, you'll be at the bottom of that lake before you can even utter the word sorry.

"Okay, George." Catina sighed and her head dropped directly into her soup.

George, who she thought was Fred originally, jumped back as a splash hit him and scolded him. It was piping hot and Catina's face was in it. She had fallen asleep again and Merlin's beard she was a deep sleeper. "Oh bugger!" George exclaimed and leapt up, lifting her head out of the bowl. Her face dripping with red hot tomato soup and he used the sleeve of his top to wipe it off but even that burnt him so he wasn't sure how she was still asleep. As he wiped away the food, her skin was red and it felt as if she had a striking temperature. "Wake up you foolish snake!" He hissed, yet she didn't.

George turned to a houself that had rushed over. "Shall I get assistance, Mr Weasley?"

"Can you get us to the hospital wing?" George asked as he hauled her up over his shoulder, "it'll be quicker if you can rather than me walking."

The houself nodded and took hold of George's sleeve; the one not covered in soup, that still was moderately hurting him. "What on earth happened?" Madam Pomfrey flapped at the commotion as they appeared in her wing.

"She fell asleep in soup and well, look at her face!" George placed her on a bed and Madam Pomfrey shook her head. She summoned a cold compress and pressed it against Catina's head. "You, Mr Weasley, should know that she isn't in any fit state to be up gallivanting, especially on midnight feasts!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know full damn well what. Now, make yourself useful and hold this whilst I go and fetch some more ice."

George was left by Catina's side. "What have you two been up to then, Miss Lennox? And why are you looking like the arse of a kelpie?"