chapter 23

Hey ya!!!

How are you guys??

All fit and fine right??

Happy belated Dusshera guys!!

I am back with another chapter...

I hope you will like it...

Happy reading 🤗
-----------------------------------

Randhir's pov...

I wasn't able to listen anything which was being told to me.

The only words which were ringing in my mind were -

'I betrayed my best friend'

I didn't trust her and accused her of something which she has not done.

I didn't put enough efforts to listen her point of view at all. I left leaving everything behind.

We could have find the real culprit of the situation only if l had trusted her.

But being the idiot l am, l ruined everything. I misunderstood everything.

I broke my best friend. She shed tears because of me.

I ruined our friendship of more than 15 years.

I spent 3 years in hating an innocent girl.

But like always, God knew everything.
Thus, he made us meet again. I fell in love with her the moment l saw her.
I called it love at the first sight.

But how wrong l was. It was not love at the first sight. It was the pent up love which l had for her which l called 'crush' earlier.

I came out of my thoughts and the sight in front of me hurted me really hard. I felt as if someone or something twisted my heart.

I went towards her, hugged her and muttered sorry. I had just started relaxing when she pushed me suddenly.

She opened her eyes and looked towards me. Her eyes were bloodshot and she was looking miserable.

Just because of me.

When she didn't answer me, l again spoke,"Sorry Sanyukta"

She started shouting,"What should l do with your sorry?? Forgive you?? Again become your friend and trust you?? Tell me what should l do??"

I know she is broken but l want to do anything to win her back. Thus l told her the same.

"I am really sorry Sanyukta. I got so angry that day because of Nishant. He sang the same song which l had to sing. And apart from me only you knew about that song right?? So tell me what would one do in this type of situation?? I accept that l went beyond limits and slapped you, called you names but it was all because of my anger. I didn't have control on myself. I was not thinking straight at that time and did whatever came in my mind."

I stopped to observe her. She was not showing any expressions so l continued. To win her back, l had to tell her everything.

"After leaving you, l didn't go to my home instead l went to Parth's. I explained him everything and l expected him to also get angry. But he was calm. Being an intelligent person and not an idiot like me, he told me to listen your side of story. First l was adamant but then l accepted. It was decided that l and Parth will go to your house next day and listen your side of story. I knew that you would not want us in your house but we wanted to give a try. I wanted to apologise for my harsh behaviour and wanted to give you a chance"

I was going to continue but then l heard her whisper something. I would have not heard her if we would have been in a crowded place.

"So why didn't you come??"

"When l got home, l was dumbstruck by the things happening there. Everything was getting packed and moving into a truck at a fast pace. When l asked dad, he told me that we have to leave for States after few hours due to his business. l didn't know what to do so l called Parth. But his phone was not reachable. I was going to come to your house but my mom stopped me and told me to pack my things. Now l was not left with any option other than calling you. When l called, your phone was switched off. Infact, I called you and parth again before boarding my flight but couldn't reach both of you. I talked to him when l reached US but couldn't talk to you. I am so sorry Sanyukta. I am really sorry."

I stopped and looked at her. She was staring at me and l am sure that she was thinking of something.

I was nervous of her reaction. I didn't know what would she do now.

My thoughts broke when she said, "You tried to reach me??"

"Yes"

She nodded and said,"Don't disappoint me again"

I was confused at what she said.

"Huh??"

She facepalmed and exclaimed,"You won't be forgiven again. I am giving you a chance to prove yourself and earn my friendship once again. If you get successful, then we both will together find the reason why Nishant sang your song or the real culprit who helped him."

I was so happy to hear those words from her that l couldn't control myself and l hugged her...again.

Sorry!!

I didn't hug her but l crushed her in my arms.

After what seemed like eternity, we parted due to my ringing phone.

I looked at her before answering it. She was looking down and smiling slightly.

I smiled and answered the call. I didn't expect mom to start bombarding questions of my whereabouts.

I told her that l am with Sanyukta and will reach home soon. I didn't realise the time until mom told that it's already 11:45 pm and l should drop Sanyukta at her place quickly otherwise her parents would start getting worried. I promised her that l will drop her quickly and hung up the call.

"Sanyukta it's already 11:45, we should leave. I will drop you and then leave for my place."

"Yeah..ok"

Entire ride was silent except the radio which was playing beautiful romantic songs.

Once we reached her home she thanked me and asked me to come to canteen as soon as l reach college tomorrow. I nodded and drove off to my home.

Today was an amazing day if l don't take the bitter truth that Sanyukta told me. But at least, she forgave me and gave me a chance to earn her back.

And this time l am determined not to make any mistakes...
--------------------------------------

So??

How was it??

I hope you liked it..

Do tell me how would Randhir earn her back??

I will be waiting for your responses...

Till then,
Bye 👋👋