chapter 21

Randhir's pov...

My mind was blank.
Many thoughts were going in my mind at the same time...

Did she know who l am??
Did she recognise me??
Did Navya tell her??

But Navya told that day that Sanyukta didn't know she came to meet me...

Ughhhh...so frustrating..

My princess aka sanyukta was dancing and l was not able to concentrate on her moves.

Why l couldn't recognise her earlier??

I accept she has changed a lot...
She has become more beautiful than earlier both inside and out.
More mature and perfect in dancing...

Now when l connect the dots, it all makes sense...

° Why l was not able to see Sanyukta anywhere in the college

° why she was looking familiar as if l have met her before as well

° why she participating in dance competition

° why l once thought about Sanyukta when l saw her doing classical dance

° why Navya was standing with her instead of being with Sanyukta

° why both Parth and Ronita thought she was Sanyukta as she was similar to her

° why she didn't tell her name and asked us to call her anon

But the main thing which is becoming a problem for me is why she did she lie about herself.

I came out of my thoughts when l heard clapping and chanting of 'once more'. All were giving her a standing ovation even the judges.

I didn't realise that l was so engrossed in my thoughts that l missed her whole performance.

She came down and hugged her family members. I remember Kabir bhaiya and Kavya didi. Her whole family is so good except her.

I looked towards Parth and Ronita just to see them staring at her. They clearly wanted to say something but were not getting the opportunity.

Just when l was about to go somewhere else, Parth saw me and came towards me.

He kept his hand on my shoulder and asked,"You ok??"

I gave him a slight smile and nodded.

I voiced my thought which was-

"Why didn't l recognise her before and why did she lie about herself Parth??"

"It's ok Rand...she has changed a lot in appearance and its common not to recognise her. I and Ronita also couldn't recognise her but thought she was Sanyukta because of the similarity.
To answer your second question, maybe she thought you will shout on her if she tells you her name."

"Hmm" l sighed.

"And see, she is looking at you right now...go and talk to her. Sort out things if you want answers to your questions."

I nodded and went towards her. She was looking at me nervously.

I started,"Sanyukta"

"Uh..ye-ah Ra-andhir??" she asked stuttering.

"We have to talk" l said looking into her eyes.

"Ok but can we please talk after the fest?? Can we enjoy it being civil with each other?? Actually bhaiya-bhabhi doesn't know about the fight and l tend to keep it that way" she asked.

I thought for a bit and then nodded at her.

The thing which amazed me was the sigh of relief she left.