Chapter Nineteen

Keira's POV

I groaned in my throat when awoke, but remained my eyes close. I winced at my sore shoulders and my backside which was too painful to move. I slowly straightened my body as felt the muscles were crying for help. I tried a little harder for myself as I was finally able to stretch out my body. Bad position for falling asleep at work again.

I propped my elbows on my desk as I let my palms support my face for rest because my head was pretty hurt. My migraine seemed getting worse, maybe I should get more sleep instead of making Ophelia worried about me.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep again," I murmured with a small smile since she was always thoughtful and let me sleep and work when she realized I had fallen asleep. However, I didn't hear any voice from her in return.

"Lia?" I wondered out loud in my dried voice, I quickly looked around and yelped when my head felt hurt again because the light blinded me. What happened?  I massaged my temples as I slowly let my eyes open for letting them get used to the light. When my vision was getting better, there was no sign of Ophelia but her PC remained open. I took my tumbler to drink water since I needed it so badly for my hydration.

I was reviving after the water pass through my throat and stomach. I took my phone as I was shocked with the time. It was 6 pm. How long had I slept? I quickly checked a text from Ophelia which was brief, monotone and without any emoji she normally would add. It seemed odd she would type in that way.

'I was home earlier today.'

I grabbed my handbag as I left our office room, I had no time to think about what was happening since meeting up with Ophelia was the only matter for me. Perhaps, she could solve the clue I was having right now.

As usual, I finally got home after an hour of crazy traffic since it was Monday. Hopefully, Ophelia wouldn't be mad at that. I switched on the light in the living room and called out, "I'm home!" I looked around as I realized Ophelia never switched on any lights in the house I kicked off my heels and straight away walked to our bedroom.

"Lia," I breathed out when I saw she was sitting at the foot of the bed as she was letting her head hang low. I switched on the dim light and I quickly reached in front of her and knelt down for me to look at her.

I gingerly slipped my hands on her face and asked softly, "Lia, are you alright?" I knew the answer since she had been quiet all the time and also her giant luggage was next to the bed. I had a bad feeling, but I had to keep calm and find out for myself.

I tried to calm down as much as I could since I was so nervous, I swallowed down and tried to lift her face for her to look at me. I gasped absently when I witness her puffy eyes which had been crying for a long day. "What happened, Lia? Can you tell me, please?"

Ophelia scoffed as she used both of her hands to break my hands from her face, she stood up abruptly and mocked, "What happened, Lia?" Her face turned red in anger and spat, "Stop playing around, Keira! I'm not a fool!"

I was getting confused as I quickly stood up and asked, "Can you tell me what is happening?" my hands tried to reach hers but she flinched away and stepped back as she pointed at my hands, "Safe it!"

"Can you calm down, please?" I asked wearily.

"Calm down? Seriously, Keira?" Ophelia snapped as her eyes were forming with tears again.

I was so frustrated but I was hurt to see her like that. I pulled her into a hug and pleaded, "Lia, I need to know what is happening with us. I'm so tired and confused."

"Let me go!" Ophelia yelled again as she started hitting my back. It was pretty hurt, but I tightened my hold on her and insisted, "Please, tell me, Lia."