Chapter Twenty One

Ophelia's POV

"Stop... Keira, don't go!"

"Please, don't leave me. I'm sorry."

"No no no..."

"Keira!" I cried out and I felt someone was holding me firmly and caressing my back.

"It's okay, Sweetheart. Everything is okay. It was a bad dream."

"Dad," I sobbed after I heard his voice, I let myself loosen in his embrace and quickly hug him back with my frail arms.

It was a bad dream again indeed. I had the same dream every time I slept after I left Keira. I hate that dream was too real and gave the pain that I would always feel the same. Keira was trashing me with that bitch who betrayed me. I always convinced myself that Keira would never do that to me, but I just couldn't cope with what she had done to me.

She wanted to explain it to me, and I wanted to trust her. There was always a but, and that was my concern about it.

What would be the best explanation for her lip-locking with another woman that could be acceptable to me?

I didn't know, I was afraid to think about it. I wished it never happened, but it did. I never said anything about us with my mom and dad because I didn't want them to worry. I also never wanted them to think bad side about Keira no matter how much I was so upset at her. Maybe my dad might know, but he never asked me and he didn't mention Keira to me either. I was grateful for that.

I eventually sat on my bed after I calmed down, and my dad pulled a chair next to my bed and was ready to pass the mug of hot tea to me. I thanked him as I took it from him, and he sat on the chair next to me.

"I just talked to your mom and she will come here this Sunday," my dad said softly as he held my hand and added, "I talked to Dr. Sarah too. She said you can make an appointment to look for her when you're ready." He gently squeezed my hand and said, "If you still need a break, go for it, no rush. I got you, sweetheart."

"I have to, Dad," I admitted as I used my other hand to cover his hand with mine and asked softly, "Can you make an appointment for me, please?"

"Of course, I can do it this Friday for you before your mom is here. Are you okay with that?" Dad asked as he looked into my eyes and gently squeezed my hand.

"That's better for me, Dad. Thank you," I said as I was grateful he set a date before my mom was around. Dad knew I was comfortable meeting the therapist alone without anyone involved. I trust Dad that he would never get involved in it unless it was necessary.

He gave me a small smile and said, "Anytime, sweetheart. Get a sleep." He stood up and kissed my forehead with a hand caressing my face.

"Good night, Dad," I smiled at my dad as he chuckled and gently ruffled my hair and as he left my room. I sighed softly as I smiled at the hot peppermint tea made by Dad, I smell the nice aroma as I took a sip of it which was warm and soothing for me. I was grateful and loved how much Dad could remember I needed it before I get to sleep again.

******

The weekend came close which mean it was Friday. Finally! But, I wasn't thrilled by that since I was going to see Doctor Sarah. I knew it would work for me after I saw her, but I felt too exposed to a stranger.

Perhaps, it was better to share my mind, feeling, and thought with a stranger instead of the people who were close to me, since a stranger would never get bothered by what I said and kept it in their heart.