Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Sweet warning and enjoy reading 😉

Keira's POV

14th February was never a celebration for a kind of person like me, but now I mark the date since it was Ophelia's birthday. Yes, indeed she was a romantic girl who was born on Valentine's Day.

I never celebrate either since it would be a busy day for me and I had to kindly decline to celebrate with my exes. I also explained to them that we shouldn't get fooled by the overprice fancy dinner and gifts. However, the thing had changed. I wanted to enjoy every festival with Ophelia because it was worth seeing her happy.

I believe that people would happily do everything with the person they are in love with. I was grateful that I could have many things I can share and talk about with Ophelia, I even vented about the work and people with her. I appreciated that she would patiently listen and she could relate to me since we worked together.

Recently, it had just happened that I was watching a rom-com with Ophelia and we discuss her birthday and Valentine's celebration. I told her we should celebrate for the first time, and I couldn't forget her response. She was so excited and threw her arms around me, and she keep saying thank you to me.

So, she told me that she needed a day off for her to doll up herself to impress me. I didn't think she need that since she would be looking good in anything put on her even if she wore a ridiculous Halloween costume. But, I gladly agreed with her since a birthday girl deserved a nice break.

I was taking a last check around the hotel before I off from work. When I entered the restaurant, the servers who were goofing around immediately fell silent with their faces turning pale. They assumed they would get in trouble since there had been no movement with the thing I had highlighted to them about 15 minutes earlier.

They wasted no time, swiftly taking the initiative to do their part as I decide to give them a space to finish what they had started without any pressure from me.

I let myself plopped on my working chair and made a long sigh after another hour to look around. I was lying if I said I never missed Ophelia's massage on my sore shoulders and legs. Yes, I was pampered by her too much, but I won't complain since it was wonderful.

There was a notification message from Ophelia. The phone lit up and displayed the home screen as I smiled at it. It was a picture of us in Switzerland after the skiing. Also, it was my favorite picture of us for the trip, I chuckled when I flashback the day we both got embarrassed after my last fall there.

In the picture of us, our hair was disheveled after we took off our beanies and goggles. Ophelia was grinning from ear to ear, hugging me from behind with her chin hooked on my shoulder and her eyes were gazing at my side. I was having a goofy smile since I was talking but got captured because I set the timer for taking a picture too short, and this got us a good laugh for a long minute.

I replied to Ophelia's text as I sighed after my laughter died down the memory we had created. I still miss that trip so much. I opened another new message sent by Ophelia, and I regret I was swallowing my saliva at the right time. I coughed and quickly took a tumbler for me to take a few sips of the drink I had made.

It was a simple 'come back, please', but her picture got me hot. I was grateful I read it in a private space. I took a deep breath as I looked into the picture again. My heart was pumping, swallowed harshly, and undone a button on my clothes to cool down myself once again.

Ophelia was showing her close-up picture, letting her hair down past her bare shoulders, and that was it. It was the first time I saw her reveal her skin a lot for me. I was snapped by the ringing of my phone as I quickly picked up.