Chapter Twenty Four

Ophelia's POV

The day when I woke up with a cold instead of a warm body with me, blinded sunlight peeked through the window of our room without a pair of gray eyes gazing at me, and without a sweet morning kiss from Keira would make my soul living in miserable.  

I was too afraid to open my eyes and clamped them tight to avoid myself to watch the tragedy I might need to deal with. I wasn't ready to see I was losing Keira right in my eyes. This wasn't what I had been looking for to finally meet my lover after so many years. 

It was unfair, we didn't spend our happiness for more than a year, and she was fucking ended of her life. Hey, I wanted to get married to her and had our babies. Good things would always come to an end too soon. 

Bullshit! Gave me back the goddamn life I wanted. 

I was startled by a loud and agony male's voice as I felt Morgan loosen his arm from me, and I stood up abruptly without care and let my eyes shoot wide to see what was happening. My vision was blurry after closing my eyes too long, but I could see a figure obviously was Keira. She was still moving! 

I eagerly rubbed my eyes, and the vision was getting clear, I saw the paramedic was putting a bandit on her wound and was ready to let her sit in the wheelchair to send her out of the room. 

The scene was a mess and vivid, with a few policemen, paramedics, and people running around the area of the meeting room, I never pay attention to who was sending me away from this room, and the last thing I saw was the policemen handcuff Morgan and pressing his head against the table.  

Keira was in the emergency room for the operation, and noises included Keira's mom crying and keep asking me tons of questions that I couldn't reply to immediately. I was having difficulty doing something to calm her down, but only absently looked at her and said nothing. 

Keira's dad joined next to Keira's mom and side hugging her for assurance and I assumed he was trying to stop Keira's mom bugging me. He was hurt and desperate to know Keira's condition too. I didn't want to share any false information got them to worry since the doctor told me Keira's condition was critical after she lost much blood. 

9 hours passed after the surgery, and the doctor informed Keira will wake up after 6 hours or maybe will more than 24 hours since it depended on her stamina. We all were grateful Keira was safe and alive at the moment, but she still had to stay in the ward for a full body check-up before she could be discharged from the hospital. 

"Hey, sleepy head," I said softly near my sleeping Keira who was still looking gorgeous in her patient gown tugged in the ward bed, her disheveled silky dark hair and her pale face with dry lips. I took a tissue to wet the water as I carefully dap her dried lips, and I took a hand of hers to press flat on my cheek, taking her thumb to caress my face. I missed her doing that to me and I always felt so much better she did that whenever we were spending time together. 

The room was quiet, except for a TV displaying the news with a minimum volume since it was late at night. Keira's parents went back to their house after I insisted that I would take care of Keira because they needed to rest. 

"Baby, wake up and talked to me, please? I missed you so much," I forced a smile and let my tears roll down my face after I held for so long. I knew she was okay but I was too overwhelmed too many things had happened to us, and my dad and Keira were at the risk of their lives. I could lose them in a split second is my Keira didn't find out my dad was struggling and sent him to the hospital, and Keira would lose her life if the policemen and paramedics never reached the hotel on time. 

"I can't lose any of you in my life, you, my dad, and my mom are very important to me, and I love all of you with all my heart," I sobbed knowing my tears and voice were a mess and disturbing, but I didn't care. I needed Keira to wake up and told me she was okay and alive!