Chapter Fifteen

Keira's POV

"No, I don't think this is a good idea, baby. What if they're upset with that?" Ophelia asked and she looked so worried for us.

"Don't worry about it, I will go home with you if the thing doesn't go well with them," I assured Ophelia and gently squeezed her hand.

Ophelia's eyes flew wide and grasped my hand with a soft tug, "No, don't do that, baby. Why didn't you talk to your parents about this before taking me to see them?"

I closed my eyes with a sigh. Deep down, I was so afraid of their response, and I didn't want Ophelia worried for us. But, she was the best assurance for me to be brave and to talk about us with my parents.

I eventually opened my eyes to look at her, I cupped her face and explain to her, "I think that's only the way to make this work, Lia. Everything will be okay and I will keep you by my side no matter how, alright?"

Ophelia's face softened a little and she seemed to comply and nodded her head at me. I tilted my head and looked at her for a while and assured her, "Maybe they would instantly accept us since they are never against my friends and cousins who are in same-gender relationships."

"They support your friends and cousin, but I don't think they would support their own child," Ophelia said as her eyes looked down at her lap.

I leaned in pecked on her lips and said, "Don't worry about it, Lia. I would make sure everything goes well. But, I need your support for me to do this."

"Okay, I will always get your back," Ophelia's eyes lit up, and resumed her cheery smile that I adored a lot. "But, do you think you need to get your sweet supporter a breakfast treat before ready for the press conference with Mr. and Mrs. Harrison, Miss President?" Ophelia wiggled her eyebrows at me. I couldn't help but laugh while shaking my head at her adorableness.

"Hot coffee with cream and sugar and a big breakfast?" I suggested after calming down from laughing.

"That's great! Now drive!" Ophelia eagerly agreed with a squeal as I shook my head and gently pinched her cheek.

"Alright, kiddo," I chuckled to myself and ignited my car to start driving.

******

"Here we are," I said while parking my car at the front of the porch and I was surprised there had no car. I had assumed that my parents would have their tea time since it had passed 10 am, and they suppose would be home.

"Wow, I like your house. It is beautiful and looks so homey," Ophelia said while her green eyes were gleaming and gazing around my house through the windshield of my car and she seemed intrigued. Even though it was a typical single-family house that could see everywhere in town.

"Do your parents like gardening?" Ophelia asked while looking at me with a wide grin. I smiled at her observation because she could instantly see there the pots of flowers rounded outside of the porch planted by my parents. They were absolutely flower lovers.

I nodded my head at her in return and asked, "Are you ready?"

"Yes, of course!" Ophelia beamed.

"Let's go then," I said, and we got off my car to take our bags from the backseat. I was lying if I didn't miss the cozy car after a few seconds. We jogged to the porch and we didn't need to catch a cold in the wintertime. Gratefully, the front door was opened and my mom stood aside for us to enter the house.

"What takes you so long to pay us a visit after months?" Mom sounded like scolding with a playful glare yet she stretched her open arms at me. I chuckled while putting our duffle bags aside, and I walked toward and pulled her into a firm embrace as I pecked her cheek, "I'm sorry for the delay, Mom. Here I am."