Epilogue

Keira's POV

One year later

"Gosh, can you slow down, baby?" Ophelia panted as she gently slapped my arm. 

"Who is old now?" I teased as held Ophelia next to me who was sweating after we walked one round of the track instead of jogging since she was lazy but insisted want to join. So, I had to follow her plan, but I wouldn't mind.

She groaned, "I wonder why we had to wake up so early for exercise, it is 6 am for god's sake."

I took the towel which was hanging around her neck and dapped around her sweaty face and said, "I just like to jog in the morning to peace my mind."

"You're such a surprise," Ophelia said as she looked at me in disbelief.

"Come on, let's get going before we meet the sunrise," I gently patted her head as she groaned but complied. 

It was Sunday, we were having breakfast at The Newton's after we went for a walk. I looked at a cup of expresso and I smiled at Ophelia in amusement, "I thought you would order your favorite kid's drink."

"People will change when they become mature," Ophelia replied with a wink and grinned, "Do you like it?"

She seemed in a mood today since she easily got frustrated lately. We had talked about it because I was worried and she explained that she might stress with the work. "So, who is a granny now?" I teased and I sipped a drink of my hot tea. 

"You," she rolled her eyes at me. I scoped a spoon of her favorite cheesecake to feed her as she gagged and raised a hand at me, "Ew, sorry. I'm not gonna have this today. The smell is too strong."

"Are you okay, Lia," I asked in worry since she wasn't feeling well for these few days. "Let's take you to see a doctor."

"Nah, that's okay. I just need to get some rest after this," Ophelia waved me off with a small smile. 

"Let me know if you need to see a doctor, okay?" I said as I held her hand.

"Yes, I will. Don't worry about me," Ophelia replied and gently squeezed my hand. 

After we went back home, I let Ophelia rest and didn't wake her up and we missed the dinner. "Why did you cancel our dinner, tonight? Today is our anniversary," Ophelia complained pouted her lips, and snuggled closer to me in our bed. 

I gently caressed her back and said, "You need rest, Lia. We can do that some other time after you feel better."

"I hate lobster," Ophelia groaned as I chuckled and she added, "I keep vomiting after that dinner and I felt nausea to see any food at the moment. I'm sorry, I spoiled our day." Ophelia pouted her lips at me.

I pecked her lips and said, "You never spoil our day, spending time with you is the matter." Ophelia's face eventually softens as I gently hold her closer to me and kiss the top of her head, "Let's get to sleep."

"Okay," Ophelia murmured as she rested her head at the crook of my neck. 

******

"Hey, welcome back, baby," Ophelia grinned at me in the kitchen as she was busy turning off the gas stove. She was in a high lazy bun, in comfortable home wear, and, an apron wrapped around her torso, looking adorable when she was carefully served the food on the plate. I reached behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist as she happily turned to let me plant a soft kiss on her lips. 

"What is the menu of the day?" I asked jokingly as I drew away for me to look at her. 

"Sirloin steak for tonight," Ophelia replied as she looked at the meal on the plate as if it was the finest food. The sirloin steak indeed looks delicious with a nice aroma.