Chapter Four

Ophelia's POV

"That's so heaven! Gosh! I miss this so much!" I exclaimed in happiness while savoring the delicious taste of my favorite pizza in the city.

"What do you think about Keira?" my dad asked while staring at me with a smirk and taking a sip of his hot coffee.

"Seriously, dad?" I asked flatly and seemed not interested before taking another slice of pizza to eat.

"I thought you're happy to see her again, aren't you?" Dad teased with an amusing smile while leaning his back against his seat.

I had enough of his silly game and I took the last bite of my pizza and folded my arms on the table and stared at him boringly, "You knew better than me, dad. I'm quite upset why you never tell me that she is working for you."

My dad chuckled as I whined, "Dad, it's not funny."

"You still like her, don't you?" dad's laughter eventually disappear and he smiled softly at me.

"Duh, very much, dad," I emphasized and pressed, "Dad, I need to know. Why did you keep her for 7 years without telling me."

My dad was driving me nuts and my patience was running thin whenever he fooled me around. He could be a meanie and it was hard to behave whenever dealt with this man.

My dad shook his head at me before taking a napkin to wipe the corner of my lips and teased, "I hope Keira wouldn't mind if she sees you like that. Do you think she will always wipe for you?"

"Dad, I need your answer, please," I ignored his joke, but he couldn't blame me. I had been looking forward to seeing this girl but he hide her from me. That was an unfair game.

"Gotcha!" dad chuckled and he exhaled softly after laughing. He carefully put the napkin aside and explained, "Well, if I told you I assume you'll quit your college and jump into her." 

"I'm not stupid, dad," I interjected with a scoff.

"I did invite you to join me on a trip here during your summer break, but you rejected. That's too bad," dad said and mocked a sad face at me.

"Well shit, I was a dumbass," I admitted.

"Language, sweetheart," dad slightly frown as he continued, "I was surprised when I read the resume she had sent here. I can't even remember her face, but I could tell this candidate was her since you had told me her full name plenty of times. So, I had to confirm it. I interviewed her, and ask her about the charity basketball match. The answer was told after she told me she was one of the team players. In the end, I hired her because she had taken two courses. She had a degree and master's holder in Hotel Management and a Degree holder of economics and finance course."

My mouth hung ajar as dad chuckled, "She just get an MBA last year."

"That's incredible! She's so fucking perfect!" I was awestruck by her intelligence and talent as my dad shook his head and gently used his hands to support my chin and joked, "I'm not done yet, sweetheart. Are you ready for me to continue?"

I nodded my head eagerly and babbled, "Please go on. I don't mind you'll gonna spent a long day talking about her, dad."

"I never tell you about her because I wanted to observe her performance in my hotel. I'm glad she never disappointed me. She started her career after she get an Economic and Finance degree and her first job was at a 3-star hotel. After that, she began to take a Hotel management course as her part-time because she was interested. When she interviewed in my place she had a master's degree holder already, and last she took MBA while working in my hotel. She did a great job when tourism and hospitality met the crisis of the economy. Most of the hotels had to shut down, and we were lucky our hotel still survive. Keira had shared the plan and suggestion with me. There would be the only decision for us to do, but this also causes the employees unhappy and to quit their job. Everyone's salary in this hotel had to be cut in half, but Keira worked here day and night every day without complaint."