Chapter Eleven

Third Person's POV

*Back to when Ophelia was 10 years old*

"Dad, can I have an ice cream, please?" the young Ophelia asked as she pouted her lips at her dad, Harry and she was busy wiping off the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand.

The summer season wasn't a joke even if they were on the indoor basketball court since the hall was filled with crowds and the air circulation was nothing better.

The poor young girl's in sleeveless pink sundress, matching flats, high pony tail, and the strand of her hair had already stuck on her face with sweat. Eventually, Ophelia's patience was running thin in the bad environment.

Somehow, Harry was thrilled and didn't even bother about the humidity of the place they were sitting at. He was busy watching the match while happily discussing the gameplay with his friend next to him. 

Ophelia's blonde brows knitted and the evidence of upset crept on her face while watching her happy dad chuckle with his friend. She huffed in annoyance and tugged the hem of the sleeve of her blond dad's polo white shirt.

Harry eventually paid attention to his beloved daughter. He couldn't help but laugh heartily at Ophelia's drenched face and hair. "Yes, can I help you, my princess?" Harry asked gently while looking at his daughter and smiled.

"Dad, I'm sweating! I want ice cream, please!" Ophelia practically whined at her dad as she frustratedly whipped off the sweat on her face with the back of her hand once again.

The blond man laughed even louder at his daughter while taking out his handkerchief from his pants pocket and gingerly wiping off the sweat from her face and neck. Once he had done, he wrinkled his nose and gently pinched his daughter's tiny nose causing her to yelp because of a sudden. 

"My apologize, my little princess," Harry smiled at Ophelia before taking out his wallet from his jeans pocket as he took out the 50 bucks note and held his daughter's tiny hand to put the note into her palm and gently patted. "Do you still remember what I had always told you?"

Ophelia grinned widely at her dad and responded happily, "Watch my step, be careful and do not go anywhere far from dad!"

"Excellent!" Harry happily cheered his beloved daughter while using his big hands to cup his daughter's face before planting a kiss on her forehead and saying in a baby voice, "So, take this little reward to claim your snacks too!"

"Yay!" Ophelia squealed happily and she quickly hugged her dad as she pecked his cheek and exclaimed, "I love you dad!" Ophelia thought for awhile and asked merrily, "Dad, do you and uncle Richard want popsicles?"

"That's lovely, sweetheart," Harry chuckled and gently patted his daughter's head and said, "Okay, just get popsicles for us will do. And then go to get your ice cream and snacks."

"Can I have sodas too?" Ophelia asked with a sheepish grin.

Harry mocked a frown as he chuckled, "Go get it then. Don't take too long, okay?"

"Yes, sir!" Ophelia happily saluted to her dad as she waved at the two men once again before turning back and heading to the cafeteria in enthusiasm.

Right after a minute Ophelia had left, the buzzer sound blared out loud in the hall and it was a sign for a break time. In the meantime, the principle of the Lakeside High School joined next to Harry as they happily started their conversation.

"Good job, girls! Take a break and come back here on time!" the couch clapped at his basketball team as they started splitting away to find a place to rest.