Chapter Twenty Two

Keira's POV

I raised my fist near Mr. Kendrick's door and was ready to knock on it, but I hesitated a while with a sigh. I finally took my gut and knocked on the door twice.

"Come on in."

That was it. I opened the door and Mr. Kendrick was sitting behind his desk, he seemed to relax on his seat and smiled at me, but the bags under his eyes and strands of white hair newly grown on his sideburn got me guilty since it was a sign of worry. Lia.

"Good day! What brought you here?" His booming voice was clear and steady as usual, he indicated a seat across for me to sit. He checked the time on his watch and chuckled, "Let's see. We will have a meeting at 2. Anything you would like to talk about?"

I took a seat and put the enveloped letter on the table and gently pushed it toward his side. He didn't look into the envelope as he looked at me and seemed puzzled, "Keira, that's totally fine if you're not interested in the offer yet, but you don't have to do this."

I put a thumb drive on the desk and said, "Mr. Kendrick, I think this is the way for me and the hotel. Somebody had set me up and made up a scandal, this video would jeopardize the reputation of your hotel if that person leaked this out in public."

Mr. Kendrick looked at the thumb drive for a while as he shook his head and said, "I am not blind, Keira. You're a workaholic, and I believe you are their target." He pushed the enveloped letter to my side and waved it off as it was disturbing in his sight, "Shred it, I don't want to see that nonsense again."

I took the letter to the paper shredder machine next to his desk and complied. "That's much better for us to talk," Mr. Kendrick exhaled with a small smile as he held the thumb drive and looked at me. "We can take this evidence to the police if this person wanted to get you and my business in trouble. I will get the best lawyer for us to fill the lawsuit and kick this betrayer out of this place."

"Thank you for your trust in me, Mr. Kendrick. I highly appreciate your help. I promised I will find out this snake," I said as I was relieved, and my confidence was regained after his assurance.

He put the thumb drive on my side and said, "Keep this for us, and you might need this later or sooner." I put the thumb drive in my blazer pocket and Mr. Kendrick leaned his back against his chair and exhaled with a light chuckle, "My daughter is a handful when you need to talk to her. She is very stubborn, but she will listen to you if you paid a little more patience on it."

"Mr. Kendrick, mind if you tell me what had Ophelia been through?" I asked since the scars on her skin and the day she lashed out at me got me wanting to understand more before we will have a talk.

"You have to find out from her, she won't be happy if you got to know this from a third person instead of herself," Mr. Kendrick smiled weakly at me.

"Understandable. I'm sorry for being too forward. I'm afraid whatever I say might trigger her," I explained.

"Don't worry about it. Take your time and pay a little more effort to explain to her and she eventually will open up for you," Mr. Kendrick assured me.

"Thank you for the advice," I gave a small smile at him.

"So, there have two important agendas for you," Mr Kendrick said and he seemed serious. "First, talked to my daughter and next both of you have to find out the snake in this place."

I was caught off guard by his agendas and he pointed out, "These are very important agendas for me, I can't afford to let my two potential directors mop around my hotel instead of running the business!"