Chapter Fourteen

Third Person's POV

*When Ophelia is 17 years old*

"That is wrong! Do you hear me!" Harry yelled at Ophelia.

"Dad, I. Am. Gay!" Ophelia retorted as loud as her dad and he slapped her face for the first time in her life. Ever. Coldness took over the sting on her face, and Ophelia fisted her trembling hands to keep them low. She clenched her jaw and glared at her father with her watery green eyes. "You know what," Ophelia's voice was shaky and she said with gritted her teeth, "I hate you."

Right when Harry raised his hand for a second slap, Olivia, his wife quickly held his arm to stop him, "Don't do that, Harry! You're hurting her." Olivia started crying and Harry stopped and put his hand down while Ophelia's tension loosened up.

"Ophelia is a good girl. She is just confused and we need to take time to get her right," Olivia sniffled.

"I'm not confused, and I know what I want, mom," Ophelia argued while the tears rolled down her face, and she asked close to whisper, "What if I can't change?"

Olivia looked at her daughter who was looking at her with hope. But, she knew she had to fix her daughter. She closed her eyes and said, "I'm sorry, sweetheart."

Ophelia was disappointed and didn't want to stay in the living room for more than a second. She walked past her parents and marched to her room without uttering any words.

She slammed the door behind her, leaned her back against the door, and collapsed down on the floor. She curled up her knees to her chest and buried her face in her hands letting the tears dampen them.

Everything wasn't what Ophelia had expected. She thought her parents loved her, but they weren't. She was desperate and she finally took the courage to open up about her sexuality with her parents, and she wanted them to know that Keira Harrison was the only one she was in love with.

Keira wasn't just a girl, she was an angel who saved her life and she had attached her feeling toward Keira since that day she breathe again and alive.

What was wrong to love a person as perfect as Keira? Ophelia kept arguing with herself since she had tried hard to get interested in a man. But, love was love. Ophelia had learned that she had an interest in women, especially Keira.

Ophelia let her anger and disappointment tears spill out from her eyes, and bit her inner cheek subtly not to cry out loud since she put faith that she would see her girl one day. She only had to be patient and waited.

The parents of Ophelia were sitting on the couch in the living with depression. Harry was trying his best to cool down but never forget to caress his wife's shoulder to soothe her who was crying in his embrace.

Harry wore out after lashing out with his rage and hurt seeing his daughter had become like that. He made a heavy sigh and said softly to his wife, "I had pushed her too far, honey." He kissed his wife's temple and said, "I'm sorry. I know Ophelia hates me so much now. But, I know she would understand and forgive me."

Olivia sniffled and nodded her head in agreement, "She will. I know she will, darling. Ophelia is a good girl. We should give her some time for her recovery." 

"She will get better," Harry assured and gently patted his wife's arm.