Date

Pawblo was sitting at the booth in the dining room. He kept straightening his shirt and fiddling with his hair tuft. He was nervous.

He was on a date. Well, about to, anyway. Avocato hadn't shown up yet. He was beginning to worry if he wasn't going to show up.

Soon, Avocato came in out of nowhere. He sat himself right across from Pawblo in the booth.

"Hey. Sorry I was late. Had to make sure Little Cato was tucked into bed."

"N-no worries. I'm just here, chilling."

The two were quiet for a little bit. "Uh, I know that there isn't much to do here, but—!"

"It's okay. This date is perfectly fine." Avocato chuckled. "Funny. I didn't expect to use that word in a while."

"I didn't expect to use that word at all, to be honest." Pawblo twiddled his fingers. "I've been alone most of my life. Sort of not used to people being around me....or asking people out on a date or something."

Avocato nodded. "Hey, it's okay. I didn't say no to your offer, did I? I'm here." He placed a hand on Pawblo's hand, making him feel reassured.

"Thanks for that."

The two ended up talking for their date. Avocato talked about his past and about Little Cato's mother. Pawblo felt a little sad hearing this story, as he never knew his own mother.

"I'm sorry for bringing that up. I, uh, didn't mean to give you a bad flashback or anything."

"It's okay. It's something that Little Cato and I have in common." Pawblo smiled slightly.

Pawblo then brought up his own story. How he survived on Tera Con Prime on his own. Living in an abandoned building, doing any technical or electrical job he could in exchange for food and essentials.

"Sure, sometimes there weren't as many jobs as out here in other parts of space, but.....it helped me stay alive." He twiddled with his ear.

Avocato felt sorry for what happened to Pawblo's life. He was glad that he was here with them aboard the Galaxy One.

"Sorry if I.....brought the mood down too low. I'm not experienced enough with dating, I guess." Pawblo smiled lightly and chuckled.

Avocato held Pawblo's hand. "Don't be sorry. I....I like spending time with you. This was a good date." He smiled.

"Thanks....I guess. Do you....maybe want to....I don't know.....do this again sometime?" Pawblo chuckled nervously.

"....Yeah....I want to do this again. With you." Avocato pulled Pawblo from his seat as he got up. "And just to prove that I'm willing to try whatever this romance we have is.....here."

Avocato slowly pulled Pawblo's face to his, and pressed his lips. Pawblo was blushing and surprised to see this happen, but soon he melted into the kiss.

When they pulled away, they were both speechless.

".....Whoa."

".....That was.....that was great."

Avocato wiped the spit off of his lips, chuckling. "Yeah, that....that was definitely something, man."

"So.....same time tomorrow?"

"Yeah.....except this time, come to my room."

Pawblo blushed a little. "Heh. I'll be there."

Avocato winked as we walked away. "Great. See you then, handsome."

Pawblo was left to stand there, holding his cheek with his hand. He couldn't believe what just happened.

"Wow......this was an awesome date.