Gone: Part Two (Wattpad Exclusive)

Pawblo woke up on a medical bed.

He was wearing nothing but his pants. His head felt dizzy. Calmed down, but still spinning like circles.

"Where.....where am I?"

He sat up on the bed, until he felt a sharp pain on his chest. Pawblo looked down to reveal bandages wrapped around his waist up to his chest.

"Okay......my name is Pawblo.....I don't know where I am....and the last thing I remember is.....the bomb.....I saved someone......wait....Little Cato!"

He gasped and soon fell on the floor. His brain began to flood with memories. Memories that had another ventrexian like him.......but he was different. Almost as if they were looking for this kid.....together.

I remember now.......Avocato, the search for his son, Gary and Quinn.......I remember everything!

Pawblo soon yelped, as the pain on his chest grew a bit larger.

"Crap! Crap, this hurts! Aaaaghh!

He soon heard the door open, but his eyes became blurry, and was only able to see blurs of the people coming in.

"Pawblo! He's awake! Someone help him!"

A few footsteps can be heard entering the room. Pawblo soon felt his arms being raised and he was soon placed on the bed.

"Nightfall! What's wrong with him?"

"He's delirious. I don't know how long we can keep him stable."

"We have to try! WE HAVE TO!"

"Avocato! Calm down. We're all worried. He hasn't woken up in days, and we can't just expect him to get better quick!"

"Damnit!"

"Dad, let us handle it! We can—huh?"

Pawblo tried to speak. His throat felt hoarse, his head burning up. "W-where....am I? Is......Little.....Cato.......safe?"

"He's talking!"

"Yes, we know that's good, Avocato! But—!"

"....Little.....Cato! Is....is he s-safe?"

He soon saw a blurry figure walked up to him. Pawblo blinked several times, and sure enough, the blur went away. It was Avocato.

"Pawblo, don't worry. My son is safe, thanks to you! But don't talk. I need you to stay alive. Please, just stay alive......for me."

He held Pawblo's hand tightly. Pawblo gripped his friend's hand a little.

"Avocato.......I........"

Pawblo passed out.

"We're losing him. Avocato, please. Get out of here. We'll do our best. I promise you."

Avocato began to sob but soon saw the look in his son's face.

"Don't worry, Dad. I'll try my best."

Avocato smiled a little and walked out of the med-bay.

A FEW HOURS LATER

Avocato was sitting in the booth aboard the Crimson Light. His head was leaning against the window, staring into the depths of space. Little Cato sat beside him.

"Dad.....we did our best. We'll see what happens when Nightfall finishes."

".......I know you did your best, kiddo. I didn't think we'd actually get the chance to.....go back and save him."

"Either way, we need to go back for Gary soon. Time swapping and leaving him behind was wrong. Who knows what happened to him all this time being alone."