Some Time Alone

The Galaxy One sat on the edge of a hill, with Avocato and Pawblo scouting ahead for the others. They wanted to make sure the area was safe.

Why did I get dragged into this?, Pawblo thought. I'd rather be safe in the comfort of my own room. But then again.....

He looked to his left to see Avocato, looking ahead, determined. The two were quiet for a few minutes while walking. Avocato was the one to break the silence.

"Hey. Um......thanks for helping me get my son back......I appreciate it." His tone was somber and gruff.

Pawblo scratched the back of his head and chuckled nervously. "Haha.......no problem. He's your family. I hate seeing a kid separated from his father."

Avocato nodded but then looked concerned. "It's strange.......I haven't been shown kindness in a long time......why did you help me?"

Pawblo took a minute to think up a response. His thoughts were scrambling to find an answer, until he finally thought of one. "I don't know.....I guess I just like helping others......even if it seems like they didn't need it."

Avocato nodded. "Ah. I see."

The two soon stop to find a clearing on a small hill. It was covered in plants and flowers that are usually common here. As it was night, they were glowing brightly.

Pawblo put away his blaster and stared in awe. "This is.....this is awesome!"

Avocato was astounded at what was going on. He felt calm, with Pawblo next to him. "Um......want to take a break?"

Pawblo was speechless at Avocato's offer. He did not expect that at all, considering the fact that the fellow ventrexian was quiet and grumpy most of the time towards everyone except his own son and.....Pawblo.

"S-sure."

The two walked up to the clearing, avoiding the flowers as they stepped towards it. Pawblo sat with his legs criss-crossed, while Avocato sat down, one leg kneeled down and the other extended. They looked up at the night sky, shining brightly with stars.

"Can you believe that all these stars are just a bunch of balls full of hydrogen and helium creating light and heat straight from their cores?" Pawblo was getting all geeky about this until he turned to see Avocato, his eyes widened.

"Oh! S-sorry, I....I tend to just, you know, ramble on about my interests too much, heh."

Avocato waved his hand. "It's okay. I like hearing you talk about it.....it's nice."

Pawblo blushed a little. "Oh! Um.....cool." He smiled.

The two continued to watch the sky. It seemed as the stars were getting brighter and brighter with each twinkle. Pawblo was spacing out in watching the stars, he didn't notice Avocato scooting a little closer towards him.

"You know, it's been a while since I've done anything like this." Avocato chuckled nervously.

Pawblo looked back at him. "What do you mean?"

"Sitting here, alone with a good friend........Thanks for that." Avocato smiled.

"Well, you're welcome." Pawblo felt a little nervous at this point.

He soon felt a tingle, and wondered what it was. He looked down to see none other than Avocato's hand, resting on his. Pawblo looked up to see Avocato nervously smiling at him. Pawblo shrugged it off and continued to space out.

"Little Cato has been talking about you a lot lately."

"Really?"

"Yeah. After you took him in as your tech apprentice he won't stop chatting about everything he's learning from you. He also told me that he called you 'Dad' by accident and that you didn't mind it."

Pawblo nervously looked away. "If y-you feel offended, I'm sorry. I guess being a role model kind of g-got to me."

"I don't mind. I especially don't mind you being his Dad."

Pawblo's ears fluttered a little. "W-wait.....what?"

Avocato turned and held Pawblo's hands on his. "You want to know something? I.....uh......I have......these feelings......and I can't get rid of them......Shit, I probably sound stupid....."

Pawblo was surprised at Avocato's actions. His words led him to believe that this was real and not an act. He knew what the next words were going to be.

".....What I'm trying to say is that.....I'm saying that I—mmph!"

Pawblo interrupted Avocato's words by yanking his hands toward him and pressing his lips on the other ventrexian. He pulled away soon after, and they were both speechless.

"W-wow....."

"Wowww, indeed."

They both brushed the sides of their cheek fur and smiled.

"So......was that a yes on being my boyfriend?"

"Yeah.......it was."