We Are Family

Not really a one-shot involving PawbloCato (see what i did there?) but involving a bit of some bonding time with Little Cato and Pawblo. Enjoy!
-TheKingOfSING

It's been a few days since Avocato and the others rescued Little Cato from Lord Commander's clutches. At the same time, it was also the day that Pawblo saved both Avocato's and Little Cato's lives from a bomb that was planted on Little Cato's back.

But then the news that Avocato and Pawblo were a couple got Little Cato a bit weirded out, but okay with it.

And it has been a few weeks since.....

*cue the timeskip*

"Wait, what is it that you want me to do?", Pawblo asked Avocato.

"I just want you to go into my son's room and bond with him. Get together and do something", Avocato said.

"I don't know. He was weirded out when we told him that we were a couple a while back. Plus, I don't think he likes me all that much."

"Probably because you barely shower some times."

"That's because I was still learning to accept that I was with you guys. I sometimes forget that I'm not on Tera Con Prime."

Avocato chuckled a bit. "Come on, blueberry. This is my son we're talking about. He needs someone else to look up to. I think you'll be great at that."

Pawblo seemed hesitant at first but then his love for Avocato got to him. "Ffffffffffffine. I'll do it."

Avocato smiled and pulled Pawblo in for a short kiss. It lasted for a bit until he paused and said, "Thanks, Pawblo. I just want to see the three of us happy. You know that."

"Yeah, I know. I want a bright future for Little Cato too, man. So I'm doing this for both of you."

"Glad to hear that, baby."

Avocato then winked at him and left to see what Gary and Quinn were up to. Pawblo sighed and nervously walked up to Little Cato's door. He knocked twice

"Hey, Little Cato?"

"Who is it?"

"It's Pawblo. Mind if I talk with you for a bit?"

"The door is open, so yeah."

Pawblo sighed and opened the door. You can do this, he thought. You can be a great fath- - I mean role model.

When he opened the door he saw Little Cato messing with a blaster. Pawblo remembered seeing it at the junkyard that they visited to find pieces to fix up the Galaxy One a bit. He could have sworn that he threw it aside, but Little Cato was there trying to fix it up.

Little Cato swerved his chair over to Pawblo. "Hi, Pawblo. What do you want?", he asked.

"I was just wondering what you were doing. I'm kind of bored."

"This is because my dad told you to come here and bond with me, isn't it?"

"Whaaaat? No.......yeah, it is."

Little Cato swerved back to the desk and resumed working on fixing the blaster. "It's okay, Pawblo. You don't really have to do it. I can just lie to my dad and say you and I bonded."

Pawblo sighed and just cut to the chase. "I'm not doing this just because your dad told me to. I'm doing this for us. I want to connect with you more. Be there for you whenever you need anything, Little Cato."

"Yeah but.......do you really love my dad?"

Pawblo paused for a moment.

"Yes, Little Cato. I do love your dad. I love him so much that I would die if it meant saving his life and yours!"

Soon, everything went silent.

Pawblo started to sniffle a bit. The conversation just got to him.

"I'm........I'm sorry, Pawblo.....I didn't mean to make you cry...."

Pawblo just brushed the tears away. "It's okay, Little Cato......I just......It's just that I really meant what you said."

"I know."

Little Cato pulled him into a hug. Pawblo was surprised, but soon realized that he had accepted him.

"I'm glad you're with my dad. He gets lonely sometimes..."

"I know you get lonely too, Little Cato. And that's why I'm here. Now, what do you say if we get that blaster working again?"

Little Cato looked up at him. "You-you wanna help me?"

"I have dabbled in engineering and technology for a bit. I can probably help you fix it."

Little Cato's smile got bigger and he pulled Pawblo over to the desk.

*No, it can't be! Its a 2 hour timeskip!*

Avocato was in his room organizing his weaponry until Pawblo and Little Cato burst into the room.

"Hey! How are my two favorite loved ones doing?", he asked.

"Avocato, we have a surprise for you", Pawblo said ecstatically. He nudged Little Cato.

"Yeah, dad! Look!" Little Cato revealed the item behind his back to be the blaster that they have been fixing up. It was polished, refined and ready to kick ass.

Avocato took the pistol and admired it. "Thanks so much, son! I love it!"

"Actually, dad, me and Pawblo worked on it together!"

Avocato smirked at Pawblo. "Really? That's nice to hear, Little Cato."

Pawblo nervously scratched his head. "It was not a problem, really."

Avocato held Pawblo's hand and kissed him.

"Come on, dad! Get a room! I'm right here!", Little Cato joked.

The three ventrexians laughed and spent the rest of the day together.

The entire time, Avocato had the same thought running through his head.

This is nice.......we're......a family.