Gone: Part One (Wattpad Exclusive)

"Hey......Pawblo."

Avocato was sitting at the table booth, staring at the camera orb in front of him. He wasn't in the mood to do this, but Gary thought it would be a good method of coping.

"It's been a few days since you.......died. I'm not......I'm not really used to saying that, yet." He rubbed his eyes and sighed. His throat felt stuck on what he wanted to say next.

"I've always wondered why you.....why you even took the fall for me. For my son. I didn't even know there was a bomb planted on his back......but you did. You saw it....."

Avocato's voice began to break as he kept talking. Tears fell down his cheek.

".......Why did you have to do that??? You barely knew me.....but you did it anyway. You helped me again......just like how you took that bullet for me....and shot Terk.....and flew down just in time to catch me in midair."

He took this time to pause himself and wipe the tears off of his face.

"Look.....what I'm trying to say is that.....I don't know why you did those things. You've always said that it's because I'm your friend but.....I feel like there's more to it than that.......so I asked Gary, and.......he said that you had......feelings for me."

Avocato took a deep breath of relief. "......I didn't even know you f-felt that way....I'll never understand why you.....why you didn't tell me. Maybe you.....you were planning on telling me, but.....you were just afraid........."

"My point is.....I.....I also.....uh....I also......damnit!"

Avocato slammed his fist on the table and turned off the camera. He held his hands on his face. The tears wouldn't stop pouring.

"Dad?"

Little Cato stepped from behind the wall and stood beside his father. Avocato looked up, his eyes are watered and his face was saddened and bleak.

"Little Cato! I.....I'm fine.....Don't worry."

Little Cato sat next to him. "Dad....we both know you're not fine."

Avocato nodded and looked away, in sadness.

"........Gary told me about him."

"H-he did?"

Little Cato nodded. "He told me that he saved you.....a lot. And that he was a big part in your search to find me.....and that he was in love with you."

Avocato was surprised. "Really? Gary told you all of this?"

"Yeah. Did......did you love him?"

Avocato was quiet. He pondered this for a moment. Every single thing Pawblo had done for him and his search for Little Cato was vital to this moment.

".......Yeah.....Yeah, I loved him........so much."

Little Cato was smiling. "I......I'm glad you did find someone......He seemed like a great person......maybe a good Dad."

Avocato wrapped his arm around Little Cato and smiled slightly. "Yeah.....he would've been a good role model for you, kiddo."

".......I sure hope so."

Avocato smiled, a tear streaming down his eye. He felt a bit better. He looked away and stared off into the vast beyond of space. The stars were twinkling.

In the distance, a star was shining brightly. Almost as if it was calling towards Avocato. He smiled a bit more, as he stared back at the star. He called out to it in his mind.

I'll never forget what you did for me, Pawblo...........I'll always love you.