Death Takes Its Toll

Oh, boy. WARNING: get ready to cry.

This oneshot takes place on an AU where everyone lived....except Pawblo.

Pawblo sat alone, inside a broken down escape pod, with a big gunshot wound on the side of his chest.

He was bleeding.

Pawblo knew it was the end.

He was glad that his friends were safe.

He had escaped the explosion that took almost every single life on the Lord Commander's command vessel.

His friends escaped.

He made it out, barely.

He can remember everything that happened.

(Flashback)
The team was running through the ship's hallways and rooms, looking for their ship. "We need to get out of here, NOW!", Gary yelled.

"The ship is gonna blow any minute! Little Cato shouldn't even be here!"

"I wanted to come!", Little Cato said.

"Son, not the time!", Avocato yelled.

"Everyone, quit your yapping!", Quinn yelled.

"Why is everyone yapping? Whyyy?", Tribore quipped.

Pawblo then noticed gunfire coming from behind us, the ship still rattling and hearing explosions outside.

"We should probably go!", he yelled.

They ran down a hallway, and the team saw sight of the Galaxy One.

"There it is!", Avocato yelled.

As they ran down the hallway, Pawblo stopped dead in his tracks, as he felt rumbling coming from underneath the floor he was standing on.

He was greeted to an explosion underneath my feet.

"PAWBLO!", the group yelled.

Pawblo fell on his back and saw the ceiling, bridge and windows crack.

He then got up crazily and shouted, "Go on! Get out of here!"

"We're not leaving you, Pawblo!", Little Cato yelled.

He saw the fear in everyone's eyes. They knew that there was nothing they could do.

"We'll meet up later! Go! The whole place is gonna go kaput any time now!"

"No! Pawblo, no!", Little Cato yelled.

Avocato grabbed Little Cato as he and the others ran.

Tears fell on Pawblo's face as he turned around and ran in the opposite direction, hearing Little Cato's pleas for him to come back.

He then turned a hallway, to face a guard.

He whipped out his pistol very fast, but too late as the guard shot and landed a hit on Pawblo's left side.

Pawblo fell to the ground in pain, but not before he shot the guard in the head, leaving him to rot.

Pawblo howled at pain to see the gunshot begin to bleed. Tears ran down his eyes to see that this is how it all ends.