05 | tired

Miliani's POV

I was looking outside of the window, sitting currently in my English Literature. The teacher was going on and on about some poet who died just after completing his last piece of work. I mean how can someone die like that and the teacher was trying everything inside of her to make it seem like a tragic death. I can't even understand what's tragic about it, he completed his poem and died but she has to quote it like a Shakespeare novel ' how unfortunate his death was, dying right after writing his last thoughts on paper'. The class was very boring, felt even more because I've no one in this class, Karlos has physics and Ailee has a free period. So, I have to endure this lecture alone.

Although I share this class with Caim but he is nowhere in sight for a couple of days. It's been exactly 4 days since I've seen Caim. After he dropped me home that day, it was the last time I saw him before he was gone, 4 days down and I still haven't heard anything from him.

As I gazed outside watching the birds chirping, trees lined together, creating an overall perfect scenario for my distraction. It was a sunny day with clouds littering the blue sky and the sun shining brightly. Today was Tuesday, just a day before I have to execute my plan of 'mission attraction' as I like to call it. The day I will help Lucas to befriend his crush.

Lucas has been going on and on about how he wants this whole meeting thing to be successful, it's getting annoying, seriously but I know how it feels to have a crush on someone, it's like you are you but with a different energy, you feel so high all the time, like everything is sunshine and rainbows and unicorns are riding over a purple sky. I have felt those feelings, where everything seems perfect when in reality it's just a mask to hide the truth.

I was very much indulged in thoughts when suddenly the door of the classroom barged open and in entered Caim, the class went silent as everybody was staring at him. His face held the same nonchalant expression like it's our honour to have him in this class. The same arrogant look with his chin held high and an electric gaze.

He walked with a slight limp and has a busted lip, small bruises adorned his face making him look even more dangerous, the telltale signs of a fight were clear on his face. He looked tired with bags under his eyes and dishevelled brown hair. They were tousled in a i-don't-care-about-how-i-look style like he simply rolled out of bed but somehow he pulled it off. It bothered me slightly to see him like this, though I was still a little mad at him for disappearing unannounced but it still concerned me to see all those bruises and cuts on his face, they must be painful.

He walked inside like he is some kind of king, after being absent for four days, he decided to show up. The teacher just nodded at him, telling him that he was off the hook, how easily he gets off from any punishment, no need to have detention or any sort of punishment, just a simple nod. It slightly unnerved me how he can very easily pass these situations where we have to beg the teacher to not grant us detention.

Can't started looking around for something, his eyes roaming over all the students before they landed on me, they stayed there for a minute before the teacher cleared her throat and told him to take a seat. My breath hitched when he started walking towards me, his eyes held a different type of emotion, something keen to solace. He came and sat beside me, startling me and everyone else as well.

The whole class was looking at him or more like me, they were all whispering among themselves. Even the teacher looked surprised, you must be thinking why they all are surprised than let me tell you. Caim never sits beside anyone in any of his classes, he likes to stay alone and sit at the back of the class where no one can bother him, he likes to keep to himself and more importantly nobody wants to enter a lion's den willingly, so it was a normal reaction form the class when he decided to sit next to me.