34 | truth untold

A little long chapter to make up for making you wait for all these days.

Enjoy.

Authors pov

"Miliani I want to tell you something" Caim breathed. His voice held all the questions and answers they both wanted. The revelation that Miliani was Layla's sister, stunned him, he was confused just as much as Miliani. Caim too wanted answers to some things which he thought were too difficult to handle. The room once again got into the clutches of silence.

Miliani still looked a little shaken up from all the information she received from Caim, her heart couldn't take so much about her sister. Her mind was swirling with questions, questions which needed to be answered so she could understand why her sister was killed. How does Caim knows about that locket and most importantly why does she feel like she already knows all the answers to questions she's asking for.

"What?" She said, the remnants of her tears gathered around her eyes. Her Hazel eyes were glistening under the moonlight, the unshed tears which never made their appearance begged to roll down her cheeks. Miliani could feel a breakdown coming on, her heart was in too much pain from the memories of her sister. Caim silently watched as the girl in front of him pulled herself together. Caim watched how she rolled her shoulders and straighten her back as if she was bracing herself for the truth coming out of his mouth.

Caim never felt like he could be nervous ever in his life but right now as he saw the girl he lo- have feelings for looking at him like he held all the keys of her pained box, he couldn't help but falter the thought of telling her everything. He just can't give her the pain she didn't deserve. It was him who did all the wrongs, all the bad decisions were added to his list of burdens but he knows if he is a bad guy then Miliani isn't innocent either, he knows the secret she kept hidden under the facade of a simple girl. He knows the Miliani, who did something so unforgivable that he found himself staying away from her at one point but now as he gazed into her beautiful eyes he could see the truth, the pain she kept under her wraps.

"No, nothing" he decided, he couldn't just tell her things just because he thought she'd want to know, he would tell her but at the right time, in the right place and the right moment. He was scared that laying the truth out in the open would inflict wounds that won't heal even with time.

"Caim, just t-" Miliani was cut off by the ringing of Caim's phone. She looked at him and simply shook her head like she was tired of asking him questions. The look was like a stab to Caim's heart, he never wanted Miliani to look at him as if he is lying. He is lying but it's because he doesn't want her to face the harsh reality of his life just yet.

Caim's POV

I sighed and pulled out my phone, it was Lucas. I turned my gaze to see miliani looking at me intensely, her brows furrowed and lips pursued, I could almost feel the disappointment rolling down her body, she was disappointed in me for not telling her anything.

I answer the call, placing the phone against my ear. The next words tumbling out of Lucas's mouth had me spring up from the couch in complete elation. The past tension completely dissolved with the whiff of the good news.

"Grammy is gaining consciousness Caim and the doctors said she can awake anytime now," he said and those words were enough to keep all of my grim thoughts at bay, I was thankful to all the gods for helping me. My grammy is going to open her beautiful eyes, she is alright and she is going to wake up. The thought made me delighted, my rock is finally strong enough to support me once again.

I looked up and met the beautiful pair of hazel eyes, they were staring at me with slight confusion, a frown etched between her brows, lips slightly apart. She looked ethereal. Her hair was messy from all the times she takes her fingers through them, face slightly red, It almost knocked the breath out of me. how does she manage to look this beautiful without even trying is out of context.