67 | another chance?

Miliani's POV

This room was a contrast to the rest of the mansion. pale walls, cream furniture, brown curtains and some paintings completed the whole unadulterated feel of the room even though the other parts of the mansion were tainted in color black. 

I couldn't possibly understand the huge antithesis between this room and the others that I could tell would be black. why color a room white while the things done in this place are dark and corrupted? whose room is this?

while I was being escorted into this room, mush to my disdain, I noticed every part of the manor was abiding with some untold stories. I am no empath but even I can tell this place was lurking in dark. no wonder Jacub Daniels chose to live here. his personality was the same dark, mysterious and bleak. 

I can't believe Caim tricked me into staying here more than I wanted to. while we sat in the living room, Jacub got an emergency call from his club and has to leave to check for the mishap. I watched as he shouted at somebody through his phone but completely bristled when Georgia came out of the kitchen with a lady following behind her, carrying a tray. he pulled her close by the back of her neck and rested his forehead against her for a few seconds before bidding her a good bye.

I was stunned to see the powerful man, just threatening me a few hours ago, gone and in place was a love struck guy who has his eyes on only one woman. My gawking was broken off by the guy sitting beside me. 

"I have to go" he told me, though I could see the reluctance in his eyes but voice firm and as controlled as it could be, he told me that he has some business to attend to, and that I am to not anywhere until he comes back. I was in no position to ask what that business was as I have a fair share of knowledge what the "business" meant. It made that sick feeling more prominent but I kept my cool.  

"I am not a kid Caim and I can take care of myself. have been doing it since fifteen. so just let me go" he shook his head before raising from the armrest. my bag that I had completely forgotten about, in his hand. 

"it was before, right now you're not getting out of my sight. you will stay here and rest until I come back and drop you home" I huffed but stood my ground.

"you can't do that, I was told that my demands will be fulfilled and I take Jacub to be the man of his words. so, you will let me go" I tried to pull my bag from his hand but he pulled it right back along with me. his hand landed on my waist.

"oh your demands will be fulfilled, only when they are made to me. you didn't ask me to let you free but Jacub. so you're in no position to call me out on not complying to you" his voice was whisper against my lips. my glare wasn't doing anything to him, it only made him pull me closer right before he placed a kiss on my forehead. "do not. go. anywhere" he whispered against my forehead.

and then I was sent into this room. its been one hour since I am lying on this bed, waiting for him to return and take me home. during this time I have gulped down my meds, after eating a bowl of soup brought by the same woman I saw downstairs with Georgia. Its odd resting in a place where most of the crime takes place but surprisingly the bed is soft and I took a nap for thirty minutes.

I was looking at the walls when I felt a vibration in my Jean pocket. I completely forgot that I had a phone, I could've called Claim and asked where he was. Fishing out my phone from pocket I saw Ailey's name flashing on it. She must've been scared.

I quickly picked her call. "Hey" I let out but before I could say anything else she bombarded me with her questions.

"Where are you? Why didn't you call? Are you okay? Did he do anything to you? Mili? Hey, answer me" she was spurting out words nonstop.