62 | raw truth (part 2)

Miliani's POV

" it was two years ago when I first saw him" I said in a hushed voice. my eyes not looking at him, not when I was sure I heard his quite sob. I don't know why my lips uttered those words but it felt like I need to tell him everything, from the beginning. maybe it wouldn't change anything that happened between us or what was between us but I need to let this pain out. I need to tell him what his mistake cost me.

Cain didn't say anything, nor did I wanted him to. i just moved my lips and the words kept pouring out.

"it was raining when I first met him. I was going to crash into his car but he stepped on the breaks and I was saved. it was the very beginning. I didn't know that time that this guy with the red car is going to ruin my life forever." I stopped. I saw him shift from the corner of my eye. he was sitting upright on his stool, his hand wiping under his eye, trembling as they reached out to touch mine. I pulled my hand away.

"I thought that was the only time I'd see him but then I kept seeing him everywhere, in the library, at the mall, even outside my school. I didn't think of it much until one day when he approached me. I was sitting inside a café with Ailey and Karl. he walked inside the café, marching straight towards our table and sat down beside. that was the first day of our friendship and for me something more" my voice trailed. the blanket around my thigh shifted a little, i looked down and saw Caim fisting the cloth tightly in his hands.

I blinked but kept my gaze straight " it took him three months to woo me. in just three months i was ready to give my everything to a guy, who didn't even told me his full name, just Sean." his breathing labored. the room was filled with the sound of heavy breathing.

"but I was in love, I was so stupid to think that what he did to me was his way of loving me, the daily digs at how I spend too much time with my sister, insults about how I could do better to deserve to be his girlfriend. everything for me that time was just a way to make myself more worthy of him. i stopped spending so much time with Layla, I even stopped talking to my friends so I could spend all of my time with him. it did the trick, he was giving me flowers, he was taking me out. he even started talking about his life." a harsh laugh escaped my lips, realizing how stupid I was to believe him.

"but than one day it stopped, his smiles, his kisses, his hugs, they all just stopped. I was left with a longing. longing to be on the receiving end of just one smile, just one kiss, just one...hug." I wiped the tear. " I made it my fault, I thought I was the reason why were not like before. I did everything in me to keep him around, I even fought with my parents to go with him, to be with him but at the very end I was betrayed" more tears fell as I remembered the night he took everything away.

Caim was silent, too silent. if it wasn't for the harsh breathing, I wouldn't have known that he was here inside this room.

"Sean Alexander Grey, or Grey. that's what you call him right?" I looked directly into his eyes. they were wide. his eyes held surprise, I could he didn't have idea that i knew Sean. that i knew who was his enemy organization.

"Sean was the guy that made me fall in love with himself before taking it away in the most brutal way possible. he is the guy who left me unhinged" i could feel my teeth chattering from the amount of anger i was mustering up for him.

"I almost gave up on us when one day he called me.......

I was in my bed, sleeping, when suddenly my phone started ringing. the shrill noise woke me up from my slumber. I sluggishly picked my phone and without looking at the name, answered it.

"hello" i breathed through my nose as the headache was getting worse with every second.

"Hey babygirl" my heart stopped. I was dying to listen to this voice. It's been two weeks since I saw him or talked to him. The headache I was feeling didn't hurt me much.