51 | feelings too many

Miliani's POV

All I could hear is the thumping of my chest. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow and other times it just lost its rhythm. What is happening to me? I don't know, maybe it's because my body is transitioning into a no peace state, maybe it's because of the sleepiness I'm feeling right now. Whatever it is is making me lose control over my body.

"We can't be sure Karl" there was a voice I hear that was more panicked than I was feeling with my eyes still closed. I know the voice, it was Ailee.

"How can this happen, she was finally changing back into her old self. Why did he have to come back?" this time the voice was Karl. I know what they're talking about, Sean. Yesterday's memories are fresh in my brain, even though I'm processing everything at an alarmingly slow rate but I know that I met with Sean yesterday at a bar.

The dread I felt in those short moments can almost alter the happiness I felt throughout my life. Sean Is like a leech, he sucks out your happiness until all that is left is sorrow and sadness, he knows how to play games his way without wasting any life. I was once a part of his game until I wasn't.

Slowly I tried to open my eyes but it felt like my lids are glued tightly, they burned if I tried any harder. "she's waking up" Karl said with relief lacing his voice. My lips twitched but I couldn't form a small smile.

"I think we should call the others inside" I could hear the vexation in Ailee's voice; I already know that Kylie will be here but what did she mean by the others? Who's here?

The room quieted down when I heard the room's door open and then shut behind, a few moments later the door was slammed open, colliding with the wall behind it and a hand touching my cheek. Caim.

"Are you okay, love?" my heart melted at his voice. I wanted to open my eyes and look into his grey ones, I wanted to tell him that I'm okay now that he's here, I want to hide into his arms until it feels like there's nothing but his love surrounding me but I can't. I can't, not when all he ever did was lie to me.

"Just please open your eyes, I am sorry." He whispered next to my ear, I am sure I'm the only one who heard his words. They were just for me and nobody else's.

I finally blinked my eyes without feeling that burning sensation anymore. The light inside the room was too bright for my liking; it pierced though my eyes like a blade. I kept blinking until the sharp light tuned into more bearable one. The first person I saw was Kylie, she was wearing my clothes, her lips looked busted and a black-blue bruise was forming on her left cheek.

flashes of yesterday night flickered in the back of my head. Sean, his voice, Kylie knowing what happened with my sister. everything came back to me in a burst of force. her face when she learned about Layla, her eyes that held bewilderment when Sean sprouted nothing but lies and fabricated truth. 

I couldn't look at her any longer than a few seconds, because her expression yesterday gave away that she believed him and brand me with the accusation I never deserved. I blinked my eyes a few times before roaming them.

My vision was blurry but I could still make out that I was in my bedroom. Ailee was standing on the other side of the room while Karl stood a few feet away from where Ailee was standing. My eyes roamed until they landed on the person that took my breath away, for the best and for the worst.

"are you okay Mili" I snapped my eyes away from him to Kylie. She looked tired as if she haven't slept the whole night. I only nodded, having nothing to say to her.

Ailee took a few steps forward before taking the glass of water from my night stand. I didn't know I was thirsty until I saw the glass. My throat was parched. She helped me up on the bed before putting the glass to my lips, I drank like I had never before. Once the whole glass was empty, she placed It back on the side table and sat next to me.