38 | drunk diaries

Miliani's POV

Time seems irrelevant when you're happy, the saying quite settles with what I was feeling. It's been a week since Caim and I had that little talk in the car, a week since we both accepted our feelings and made a move, a week of being happy and giddy. I was always waiting for the next day to come while going to bed at night.

These past few days made me realise how different Caim is from everyone. I got to know a little more about him, like how he always eat something sweet before eating his meal or how he scratches his hair when confused and most importantly how much he cares about his grammy. These small things make him human and very much normal like any other high school student.

Maybe that's just me but what people make out of Caim isn't his reality in fact his reality is hidden deep inside the curtains, behind his smouldering eyes. Nobody knows who's the real Caim, one who bears himself with an arrogant aura and crooked smirk or the one who blushes from the simplest of affection. His personality is like modelling clay, when enough pressure and warmth is applied, it would craft into what you like, how you shape it. Caim will give you everything, and won't ask for anything in return.

As I lay in my bed with a goofy smile and filled heart, I couldn't help but think of all these days we spent together. We weren't official, no but it was only a label. I never felt anything close to what I feel when he's around, it's like my heart has its own pace when Caim is with me.

We haven't touched the serious matters but there were still moments when we fell kind of disconnected from each other like he wouldn't answer my calls or sometimes I won't reply to his texts, but it was normal, we both have things, which we can't share without ripping our souls out. there is trust but still not enough to share what makes us doubt ourselves.

My thoughts were interrupted by something hitting on my window, it sounded like someone was pounding on it. I furrowed my brows, who could it be? I silently walked towards my window, it was a relief that I closed the curtains before going to school today, I peeked through them and saw a black hooded figure standing in the small space outside on the wall, I couldn't make out his face as it was dark outside but I was sure that the figure was swinging back and forth.

I walked back a little to pull out the lamp from its plugs but before I could take one step the man knocked on my window again. I was getting scared, I have a man pounding on my window and I live alone, I can't even scream, it was way past midnight and my whole street was deadass silent. Walking towards my bed I found my phone connected to the charger on the bedside table, quickly unlocking it I tapped on Caim's contact and waited for him to pick up.

On the third ring I heard his voice, "helllllllllo" he drawled, my eyes widened just by hearing his voice. I could hear some voices from outside my window, is he calling for more people? Are they going to kidnap me? Oh my god, I'm going to get robbed and then murdered and then nobody would find my body as I don't have anyone. My eyes blurred with tears. I don't want to die like this.

" Caim, there is someone at my window. I don't know who he is. I'm scared Caim" I speak in a hushed to let the person outside hear me. My breathing was laboured, sweat was already forming on my head. What if Sean sent these people to take me? My tears were now running down at a full speed.

"Who? Wimindow? Somewon ate your hose?" I forgot what was happening for a minute, is he drunk? Suddenly I felt like throttling Caim, what happened to the promises he made about protecting me? When I really need him, he is getting shitfaced.

"You know what, fuck you. I'll just call Karl" I snapped but before I could cut the call he said something " but I not seeing anywon" he said. What is he talking about, any won? Is he playing a game? Where is he?