35 | promise me you won't hate me

Miliani's POV

"Why am I friends with this guy?" Ailee shouted and banged her hands down on the table. She was furious over Karl. He accidentally spilt all her favourite m&ms and now they both are having a dispute. I was once again being the third wheel who would do anything to get away from these wild animals, even if it meant smashing my face in cake, neck-deep.

"Because you love me" he replied cheekily and I saw Ailee was turning red from anger. Karl was just a minute away from being slapped into oblivion. He was sporting that nonchalant look, while Ailee looked like she could kill him even if he breathed in her direction.

"I fucking hate you, you spilt my babies and now they're all dirty and unhygienic and who would eat them?" She wailed, just as the classroom door opened and Lucas entered.

Yesterday after taking me home, Lucas stayed over for a few hours until he got a call from Caim and Said his goodbye. I was suspicious of why they were acting like two personal bodyguards, escorting and picking me up. Today was no exception, I got a call from Lucas telling me that he was picking me up.

"Awww why Is my little Love crying," he asked, Lucas has given a new nickname to Ailee when he saw her cringing at a boy from her art class confessed to her about his undying love. It was a sight to see, he was holding a bunch of roses, his eyes were blinking 8 times a second and he was wearing a blue suit. Ailee just stood there dumbfounded like she can't comprehend what's happening.

"Shut up" she grimaces at the name and swatted Lucas's hand away when he tried to pinch her cheek. She again looked at the floor longingly like she lost the love of her life. The m&ms were scattered all over the floor like marbles.

"Nothing she just spilt her m&ms and is now crying about it," Karlos Said as he received a sharp slap on the back of his head. Ailee looked murderous, her eyes were squinted into slits with lips folded into a sneer. She simply resembled Draco Malfoy when he talked to harry potter. The brooding look was making me quite uncomfortable as I know something bad happens whenever she has it.

"It was yo- ohh forget it" she threw her hands in defeat and settled next to Lucas, still hitting and puffing over the fact that her precious chocolate had been brutally insulted. I furrowed my eyes, she never behaved like this, her m&ms were as precious to her as we were but looking at her, shrugging nonchalantly instead of throwing her hands on Karlos made me confused. Is she okay?

"Woah, little love. Calm down, I'll buy you a new packet" Lucas said and I watched as Ailee's eyes lit up, she smiled her big toothy smile which made a scowl to form on Karloss face. Ohhh, someone's jealous? I smiled at the thought.

"Really, thank you Luca" ( loo-ka ) she said, when did she gave him a nickname? Are they getting close? I saw as Lucas gave her a secretive smile, one that only meant trouble, Lucas and Ailee together is not a good thing. They both were a catastrophic duo as both held the power of stupidity and spontaneous actions. They both act on impulse and leave the people close to them collecting their mess, in his case, an annoyed Caim and in Ailee's, me and Karl.

The seat beside me suddenly shifted, bench creaking a little as a weight fell on it. I looked over too see who it was and found Caim. His eyes dropped to mine when he felt me starting at him, his eyes had dark circles. Did he not sleep last night? I furrowed my eyebrows, he looked tired and worn out, exactly like the day when he took me in that library to nap. His hair was completely dishevelled, like he raked his hands through it a lot.

"Caim you okay? You seem tired?" I whispered, he nodded his head before dropping it on the table in front of him, closing his eyes. I watched him as he breathed calmly, the sweet scent of musk filled my nose. It soothed me, his scent was a mixture of musk and Caim. It was addicting, his jacket smelled the same, it made me relax everytime I feel overdriven from my thoughts. Just a gust of his scent could ease my mind, it has that sedating effect. Do I make him feel the same? Like he does?